Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best Bottles to use

Default Best Bottles to use

I will be pumping every once in a while to give a bottle once or twice a week...Just wanted to hear which bottles you think are best for going from breast to bottle?

Default Re: Best Bottles to use

i've used avent since my baby was 4 days old and i haven't had a problem. he's now 7 weeks and hasn't had colic problems.

I totally recommend the Playtex Drop-Ins with the slow flow nipple. They work great and Ali hasn't had any gas from the bottles when I do use them. Ali never had nipple confusion with them and they are great for switching between breast and bottle. HTH!

SAHM to Ali born on Memorial Day, May 28, 2007
    3 weeks early and weighed 6 pounds 6 ounces
    Ali weighs 17 pounds 10 ounces at 12.5 months old

Quote Originally Posted by eireann_83 View Post
    I totally recommend the Playtex Drop-Ins with the slow flow nipple. They work great and Ali hasn't had any gas from the bottles when I do use them. Ali never had nipple confusion with them and they are great for switching between breast and bottle. HTH!

Another great benefit is you can pump directly into a bag to store the milk, then put that bag into the bottle when ready to use. The nipples are shaped to promote the same latch as the breast. I love them.

ETA the bottles also fit the Medela PIS pump so it's pretty convienent.

Amy married to my bestfriend since 10/30/04

Proud SAHM to DS born 2/17/07 and DD born 9/11/08 Both weaned together 11/2011
    Currently milk, peach, peanut and tree nut free. DD has outgrown her wheat, cheese, egg, garlic, and citrus allergies

MoMmY316 is offline Shares Widely And Frequently

Quote Originally Posted by eireann_83 View Post

I love love love my Dr. Brown bottles. We started with avent but she was really gassy so we switched over to Dr. Brown. LC said to use the premie nipple so she really has to work for the bottle and she wont become lazy and prefer it. They take a little more work but they really are worth it seeing as how they helped with her colic. The bottle fit the Medela PIS as well ... I just figured that out last week!
    Jennifer

AIM- cuigrl

Proud Mommy to~
    Emma and Ally 3/15/06 (my two little angels in heaven)

Kaylin Ryan born on 6/22/07~ My joy!!!!

I like the Platex dropins too. I just saw a similar thread on another board too and a lot of people recommended them.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Lois
    Cushie Pushie Breast Support Pillow
    The Cushion the Pushes You Up for Breastfeeding Moms, Breastfeeding gift baskets

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The tough thing about bottles is that your LO will decide which ones are best. We went through 3 different types of bottles before DD figured out which ones worked for her, which were the Avent. It was a long road and a lot of trial and error, but we figured it out!
    Robin

I like the Platex Vent Air. They seem to work really well and I have not had any gassy problems

I will agree with pps who suggested trying the Playtex Drop-ins. One additional advantage is that they do not contain the chemical Bisphenol-A (BPA) which leaches into breastmilk from the bottles made of hard, clear plastic (like Avent and Dr. Browns).

Molly

Loving mama to JP (DS, 1/03 ~ nursed 6 mos), EL (DD1, 9/05 ~ nursed 4 yrs), EJ (DD2, 3/08 ~ nursed 3 yrs 9 mos), and
    JM (DD3, 6/12 ~ currently nursing), all born naturally
    Devoted wife to SAHD P, my hero
    A few of my favorite things that I've discovered on the forum: co-sleeping, baby-wearing, tandem nursing, baby-led solids, cloth diapering, APing, selective vaccination...the list goes on