Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Domperodone rash????? HELP!

Question Domperodone rash????? HELP!

I might have poison ivy. My husband and I helped my grandma with hauling away brush September 30th. He had the worst poison ivy rash I have ever seen. I have never had poison ivy before and didn't start getting the rash until about the time his was going away. We assumed I just had a delayed reaction. But it has been weeks, I am still having break outs.

However, the rash started shortly after I started domperodine. And one of the "very rare" side effects is an itchy rash (the scary part is that another "very rare" side effect is incrased prolactin levels -- so I am guessing the rash may not be so rare, either!). Of course I have found no further discriptions or pictures anywhere. I wrote to Jack Newman, but that could take weeks to get a reply.

I am not asking for medical advice. But does anyone know anything or resources for me to find out? I am scared my doctor will take away my script if I go to her.

I'm trying not to panic, but
    HELP PLEASE!!!!

Default Re: Domperodone rash????? HELP!

I still want info if anyone has it, but I changed gears and started looking up poison ivy.

I am pretty sure this is poison ivy. One authoritative site said that the first time you get the rash, it can take up to ten days to start breaking out. Since mine looks exactly like my husband's, and it is my first time to have poison ivy, I am almost certain that is what it is.

WHEW!!

I always react like that with poison ivy, and such, it's the only thing I ever go to the Dr for ! even with the Prednisone they give me it takes me more time then most they say and i usually have to go back in for a second script! It's no fun and I hope it clears up for you soon!!
    ~*TiffanyJewel*~
    Happily Married !
    SAHM to my two beautiful boys
    Ethan my sweet big boy! born 9-9-04
    Aidan my little nursling! (relactation) born
    5-2-06!
    Natalie Jewel Our Valentine! Born
    2-14-08
    *Relactation- a labor or Love*

Tiffany (or anyone else),
    Have you had poison ivy since/while nursing? Can you get prednisone while BFing?

Quote Originally Posted by relactatingmomforthelord View Post
    Tiffany (or anyone else),
    Have you had poison ivy since/while nursing? Can you get prednisone while BFing?
    I wasn't BF at the time so i really don't know if you can take it while doing so ? I did a search that said it's safe but always ask your Dr first!
    ~*TiffanyJewel*~
    Happily Married !
    SAHM to my two beautiful boys
    Ethan my sweet big boy! born 9-9-04
    Aidan my little nursling! (relactation) born
    5-2-06!
    Natalie Jewel Our Valentine! Born
    2-14-08
    *Relactation- a labor or Love*