Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: biting boobie baby

Default biting boobie baby

I'm having some serious issues with my biting 11 month old. I have been bfing her for 11 months exclusively and although she has bitten before here and there, all of the sudden she has been biting me at EVERY feeding. She has 4 teeth and is getting another one so it hurts SO bad. Last night she bit so hard it bled and there are still teeth marks. It actually brought tears. I tried to wean her about a month ago and she wouldn't have it. It was terrible. She will take a bottle and sippy cups but at night she HAS to have the boobs. It's very frustrating and I don't know what to do anymore. I am sore and so scared when I'm feeding her because I'm just waiting for the teeth clench. Every time she bites, I always jump and inadvertently scream and tell her no. I take her off and don't feed her anymore for a long time so she knows not to do that but it's not getting through to her. Anyone have any ideas? I'm ready to stop cold turkey but she loves bfing so much and unfortunately needs it to sleep at night. Suggestions?? I need any help I can get. Thanks ladies!

Default Re: biting boobie baby

There is another post w/the same Q. My suggestion is to provide a teething ring. Just keep it handy when your LO bites & replace your boob w/the ring. My LO is just starting to teethe & that's what I have done. Seems to work although she gets PO'd b/c she wants to eat but when the chomping starts, we pull off. She's getting it but yes, it hurts. I think I should take out stock in Lansinoh ointment.

Thanks so much for the advice. I will read the other thread too. I didn't see it when I searched for the subject earlier.

I am just petrified when I nurse now but I will try the teething ring - although I've given her ones before (not when nursing) and she wasn't interested. I will try anything at this point though!

I couldn't find that thread either! If you come across it, could you post the link here? I searched and found the llli articles, but I'm interested to see what some of the forum mamas have found helpful. I'm not having this problem but ds's first tooth is just coming through and I'm starting to get worried, since he was a chomper in the past.

Good luck to you! I hope you find relief soon!

[QUOTE=mom2chloe&camdyn;315849]Thanks so much for the advice. I will read the other thread too. I didn't see it when I searched for the subject earlier.

It was a recent post w/3 responses as of now. Similar advice. Good Luck!
    http://forums.llli.org/showthread.ph...ferrerid=13270