Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Please Help!!!..

Exclamation Please Help!!!..

My little girl wont quit biting me!! I have tried flicking her cheek, not letting her nurse anymore, nothing seems to work. I thought she couldnt bite if she was latched on correctly, but even in a full latch, she is moving her tongue and just clamping down for all shes worth. I am bleeding!!! Please, I really need advice here, Im very sore now. Thanks.....

Default Re: Please Help!!!..

When she bites, pull her off & give her a teething ring. Is she teething? My 5.5mo is starting to teethe. I have gotten bit so I pull her off & give her something else to chew besides me! She's gotten better. Your clean hands are also something for her to chew if you don't have anything handy.

Yes, give her something else to chew on. My DD also started with the biting but it's because she's teething. Just pop my fingers in her mouth for a while and then offer the breast again. It does seem to work most of the time. Good luck! The biting is ouch!!

Michael did this to me a few times, and he had 4 teeth! I started nursing him when he was hungry and when he was finished and started to loosen his latch, I would take him off... This didn't allow him to bite me... It hurt like hell so to you. Alot of Moms stop BF when this happens, but like everything else, it will stop. It's kind of like a stage. One time I screamed and Michael started to laugh, I yelled at him and he continued to laugh. Unfortunately, the days of letting them suck while you watch TV are kind of over. Now you have to be more aware when they are finished because allowing them to "hang out and suck" may lead to more opportunities to bite. In time, it will pass.. hang in there Mama!
    Proud Mommy to Michael who is 3 now! Michael was nurseynursed for 2 years!!
    I did not make up this persona, but if I did, I would make myself 50 pounds lighter and 5 years younger!!!!