Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Musical Nursing...sort of like musical chairs!

Question Musical Nursing...sort of like musical chairs!

My 8mo daughter does this weird thing when she is sleepy...she nurses on one side for a moment fusses, wants to switch sides, nurses on that side for a moment, fusses, switches, and so on for about 5-10 min. until she is exhauseted! Then she finally settles on her favorite side and goes to sleep. Anyone else seen this with their little guy? If so did anything help them to settle faster?

Default Re: Musical Nursing...sort of like musical chairs!

I'm moving this to Infant Breastfeeding Questions for more replies.

That said, I can remember times like this with both of mine. Part nursing, part fussing and fidgeting. I used to call it "getting out the willies" so they could settle and relax into sleep. These little guys sure can be mysterious sometimes, can't they! It sounds like you are doing a great job following her cues until she settles in. Does she do this all the time or just before nursing to sleep?

Mary

Default Re: Musical Nursing...sort of like musical chairs!

Quote Originally Posted by LLLMaryP
    I'm moving this to Infant Breastfeeding Questions for more replies.

That said, I can remember times like this with both of mine. Part nursing, part fussing and fidgeting. I used to call it "getting out the willies" so they could settle and relax into sleep. These little guys sure can be mysterious sometimes, can't they! It sounds like you are doing a great job following her cues until she settles in. Does she do this all the time or just before nursing to sleep?

Mary
    She does it mostly before going to sleep but occasionally other times as well.