Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Cup feeding question

Default Cup feeding question

Has anyone used a cup to feed their LO expressed BM? My son gets bottles during the day, when I'm a work and he is starting to refuse to nurse. I think he is annoyed with how slow he gets the milk from the breast compared to the bottle. I'd love to hear your experiences with this.

TIA!
    Melissa, mom to my very busy 4-year-old little man and super busy 2-year-old princess.

Default Re: Cup feeding question

My son never took the bottle and he always refused the BM from a cup too. But he drinks water and drinks I make with yogurt from a sippy cup (the only one he likes is The First Years Take & Toss sippy cups.) I used to spoon-feed him the EBM when he went on nursing strikes which is really hard. But I highly recommend those Take & Toss Sippy cups. Also the LC told me that some babies may prefer a regular open cup. It takes some time for the baby to figure it out though.

Thanks! I'll have to give that type of sippy cup a try.
    Melissa, mom to my very busy 4-year-old little man and super busy 2-year-old princess.

I cup fed 2nd DD when I re-lacted her. It takes a bit of practice, but it can be done. However if LO refused to drink out of cut I would also try a sippy cup. Also are you using a slow flow nipple? This may also help to get LO use to a slower flow of milk.