Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: When do poopy diapers start to decrease?

Default When do poopy diapers start to decrease?

Hi! My daughter is 16 days old. Since my milk came in, she has basically had a BM with every feeding. Over the past two days, I've noticed that she is doing this less (although still having more than 3-5 poopy diapers a day). She always has a wet diaper when I change her before or during feedings and she has been gaining weight well.

So, my question is, when do poopy diapers start to taper off? I know a lot of older babies have much more infrequent stools.

Thanks!!

Jen

Default Re: When do poopy diapers start to decrease?

My daughter is a month old and her poopy diapers have slwed down to about once or twice a day. They have been this way for about a week or maybe a little less.

Thanks for the reply! Did her poopy diapers decrease gradually or did it kind of happen all at once?

Jen

My LO was a 6 times a day pooper till we started solids, now at 8 mos old he poops once or twice a day and sometimes skips a day. I'd say with us it was more of a gradual progression.
    Mama to Evan Born February 1st 2007 Breastfeeding for a year...thinking of weaning
    Wife to my Best Friend KR

cmp12345 is offline Shares Widely And Frequently

It sounds like it's different for every baby, but my LO had 1 after every feeding until she was like 2.5 months old. Then, it was like once a day for about a month. Then, it went to one every other day until she started solids at 6 months old. Thereafter, it's been once every 3-4 days. Starting solids make the diapers less runny too, but huge cause she's not going as often.