Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Moms of distractible babies, how did you do it?

Default Re: Moms of distractible babies, how did you do it?

Thanks all for your replies. It helps to know that I am not alone... DH doesnt want anymore kids, so Im very sad that my only chance at BF turns out this way

Quote Originally Posted by desperate View Post
    My son is very distractable since he is 3-4 months old. He also never took a bottle so at 15 months I am still nursing him throughout the night because that is the only time he gets decent feedings.
    Quote Originally Posted by caldangel View Post
    My son is this way...and so was my daughter. They would go HOURS without nursing during the day. Then, at night...it's every 2 hours. Not good for my sleep...but it gives them the nutrition they need...just not at a *convenient* time for me.
    My worry with this is, if he doesnt feed at all during the day (ok maybe 1 minute here and there), and only feeds at night, will he get enough milk during such a short period of time? But then again, some babies sleep thru the night, and only feed during the day.

Quote Originally Posted by mama_p View Post
    I don't know. We're still going through it at times. I sometimes think we'll never NIP. The couple times I've tried, it was just DD hanging upside down from my arms and my boob hanging out.

Mine also didn't want any more and now whe have three!!! And thinking of having another one in about a year from now!!! Love to see the look on his face right now!!!!

I sure am glad to see I'm not the only one dealing with this. For us it started about 1 1/2 weeks ago. It's been so frustrating (I posted it on the Nursting strike thread).

My biggest problem is that I work full time, so he gets bottles (actually sippy cups as of this week) with EBM at the daycare. And he nurses best first thing in the morning. Otherwise that's it. I tried nursing him at night, but he won't have it (he sleeps through the night).

I have a question for you ladies though... What do you think I should do on the weekend. Do you think I should just try to nurse him (even if it'll be a long time between sessions; if so how long should I go) or should I pump and give it to him in a sippy... And what about the solids, should I give them to him or not...

So confused!!!