Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: explosive poos

Default explosive poos

( I also posted this under parenting but wanted to make sure I got some responses)
    Okay after 6 months of daily soaking of poopy clothes and it is just getting worse I must ask. She has that runny breast milk poops. She fits a size 2 well in pampers swaddlers for her wets but poops out them every morning. I want to know if you would try her up a size or another brand.I hated luvs they were even worse. I was worried if I go up a size that she will have droopy diapers. Any advice? Also I don't think I would be able to do cloth with working.

cmp12345 is offline Shares Widely And Frequently

Default Re: explosive poos

I've noticed that if my LO's disposable diapers leaked, then I must go up a size. My LO started wearing size 3 diapers at 5 months and my LO is very slim. So I think going up a size may help you. BTW, once your LO starts solids, she'll probably have less runny poop. Mine did.

DS has one or two explosive ones a day...they happen at about the same time every day...started when he was in Pampers Swaddlers size 2, so since I had some Pampers Swaddlers size 2-3s on hand (I always keep the next size up in the house), I tried one....worked like a CHARM!

Now he's in size 2-3 all the time, still working.

HTH
    as long as we can, as often as we can

Mama to DS born June 2007

I personally don't care for the Swaddlers. I think the elastic sides give but don't bounce back enough to keep the dipe tight. KWIM? I switched to Huggies with the strechy tabs and they keep in DD's runnies really well. BTW she is 4mo and 16lbs. We just moved up to size 2 about 2 weeks ago.
    Kristie
    Wife to Chris 11/09/02
    Mommy to Kaycee Elaine 6/15/07
    with baby girl Emily Taylor due 8/08/09

THanks for your responses!