Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Teething At Six Months?

Default Teething At Six Months?

I wasn't quite sure where to post this but here goes. My DD is six months old on Saturday. But she has started do bite my nipples, her hand is constantly in her mouth and she chews on anything she can find. Is it possible that's she's teething?

Default Re: Teething At Six Months?

Colton got his first tooth the day he turned 6 months, after a few miserable days.

Ian didn't teeth until he was a bit over 9 months.

A kid I babysat got his first tooth at 4 months.

It's all over the scale and all normal. So it's possible she could be teething. Even if you don't see a tooth yet, the teeth could be moving and thus causing her some pain. IME, Motrin is better for teething pain than Tylenol.
    Susan
    Mama to my all-natural boys: Ian, 9-4-04, 11.5 lbs; Colton, 11-7-06, 9 lbs, in the water; Logan, 12-8-08, 9 lbs; Gavin, 1-18-11, 9 lbs; and an angel 1-15-06
    18+ months and for Gavin, born with an incomplete cleft lip and incomplete posterior cleft palate
    Sealed for time and eternity, 7-7-93
    Always babywearing, cosleeping and cloth diapering. Living with oppositional defiant disorder and ADHD. Ask me about cloth diapering and sewing your own diapers!

Hi, My lo just turned 6 months and out of nowhere her two bottoms came out! She had been cranky etc.. lately so thinking back she definally had the symptoms about a month ago.
    Isabella Grace 4/3/07, Elijah 6yrs, Logan 8yrs

Yes, this could definately be teething. My brother got his first tooth at 3 months and DD got hers around 6 months. Beware though, it can take many days for those teeth to actually pop through. As PP said, Motrin lasts longer than Tylenol if you want to go that route. If not, I gave my daughter a wet, frozen washcloth and she sucked on that. Actually, sometimes she did better with just a cold, wet washcloth.
    Sarah- Mommy to Ally (4/16/06) , Katlyn (11/13/07) & Rebekah (10/21/09)
    All three, all natural!

My son's first tooth also popped out the day he turned 6 months. So it is totally possible your baby is teething. And yes, all babies are different. I have friend that has a 1 yr old who has only 2 teeth so far!! (my 9 month old has 6)

mommywith3 - Just had to comment that your DDs name is beautiful! It's the same as my DD - born 3/2/07!

Isabella Grace

Yes teething at six months seems very very normal!

Way too lazy for formula

My DS got his 1st tooth 3 days after he was 5 months, and I got mine at 4 months, And it seems like teething for me. Have fun!

Quote Originally Posted by kgaston View Post
    mommywith3 - Just had to comment that your DDs name is beautiful! It's the same as my DD - born 3/2/07!

Isabella Grace

Thanks kgaston !!! Same to ya!

P.S. I checked my LO this afternoon and not only are her two bottoms coming through so are her top two! No wonder she has been so fussy lately!
    Isabella Grace 4/3/07, Elijah 6yrs, Logan 8yrs

As far as biting you (OUCH! ) I feel ya, sister. I've been working with Kaycee (4mo) for the past couple of weeks on this. When she starts to chew and move her head around taking me with her I unlatch her and start over again. Yes, she is less than thrilled with mommy, but she gets the message. HTH!
    Kristie
    Wife to Chris 11/09/02
    Mommy to Kaycee Elaine 6/15/07
    with baby girl Emily Taylor due 8/08/09