Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How many nursing mothers cosleep?

Default Re: How many nursing mothers cosleep?

I have co-slept since, day 2 or 3 of having DS home. Just because I couldn't sleep, and he couldn't sleep, well the first two nights it was a few hours in the car seat cause thats the only place I could get him to sleep haha.

But I absolutely love it! And DH loves it, and now I can't sleep without him near me. I tried last night and I toss and turn thinking I have all this freedom now that he doesn't need to be right ontop of me, and I was secretly hoping he would wake up and want to be near me so I could go to sleep.

Still co-sleeping at 21months. And like breastfeeding, I can't really see the end but trust my child to let me know when he's ready to sleep alone.

Way too lazy for formula

yes Kaycee & I sleep together and Daddy sleeps in my dressing room. DH likes to hit the snooze button 4-5 times before finally getting up and there is no reason DD & I should have to wake up like that too. I opening my eyes and she is the first thing I see and smell.....heavenly! On weekends DH sleeps with us and honestly DD & I neither one sleep very well. I just don't want him to feel cheated or kicked out.
    Kristie
    Wife to Chris 11/09/02
    Mommy to Kaycee Elaine 6/15/07
    with baby girl Emily Taylor due 8/08/09

My LO and I have been cosleeping since he was about 1mo, now 5mo He sleeps better having me next to him (and I sleep better with him next to me.) He nurses about every 2 hours at night so it makes things easier. I really enjoy it but my parents do not agree. They tell me that if I don't stop it now, he'll be sleeping with me forever. I just don't feel safe with him in pack and play we have in my bedroom.
    and momma to BP, 15 months old.

Quote Originally Posted by kayceesmom View Post
    yes Kaycee & I sleep together and Daddy sleeps in my dressing room. DH likes to hit the snooze button 4-5 times before finally getting up and there is no reason DD & I should have to wake up like that too. I opening my eyes and she is the first thing I see and smell.....heavenly! On weekends DH sleeps with us and honestly DD & I neither one sleep very well. I just don't want him to feel cheated or kicked out.
    So glad to see were not the only ones that has daddy sleeping in a different room at the moment!! He prefers it anyway says I keep him up at night with LO nursing in bed. It's just so easy she nurses and I sleep until she becomes fussy. Then I change sides and fall asleep again! No mess no fuss!!!

Talking Re: How many nursing mothers cosleep?

I am co-sleeping with my 16 month daughter mainly for a peaceful night sleep. She loves to hug me with we are sleeping, it's very sweet.

My 3 year old daughter co-slept with my husband and I as well, when she was under 2, again mainly for a good night's sleep!

When they are still in the baby stage, you can't really reason with them into staying in their own cots, cause they are too young to understand why, so they normally end up in our beds!

Jack'sMum is offline Shares Widely And Frequently

We cosleep. I love having my little squirmy teddy to cuddle up to and he loves using my boob as a pillow! DH is there too, so it's the family bed really. He's a light sleeper so it's fine.

I'm sure smelling mummy probably does wake him up more, but him waking up every hour next to me is so much easier than him waking up every 2 or 3 hours in his own bed and then taking 1-2 hours to settle again.

Jazzy and I sleep together on the futon in the Living room. DH sleeps on our bed in our room. We tried having the 3 of us together but it just didn't work. In the last 12 weeks I've slept in my own bed 3 nights. That wasn't even when we first got home from the hospital. The first nights home we didn't co-sleep since I was sleeping on a recliner - had my tubes tied the day after giving birth and couldn't actually lay down, it was too uncomfortable with the gas. So, from about 1 week on Jazzy and I have been co-sleeping.

~*Allee*~

Damon 8/5/99 Heaven 7/24/01 Jasmine 7/20/07

I have been cosleeping with my twins since they were about 1 month old. Before then it was a hellish experience. Since then, it's been heavenly. Our sleeping arrangements (twins, hubby, and I) are constantly metamorphising to suit our needs. Currently the twins fall asleep on our mattress which is on the floor. Hubby and I spend the first part of the night (during their longest stretch of sleep) on another mattress on the floor next to theirs. Once I hear one of them rustling I get up and move to their mattress and spend the rest of the night with them nursing about every 2 hours. None of this has been planned, it just kinda happens. But it works for us. I get to snuggle with all 3 of my guys!!

i have been co-sleeging with my dd since about 4.5 mos old.
    she was sleeping through the night, then i went back to work and didnt want to be away from her all day long and then all night long too.
    my husband loves it. he says it is great having both of us and the dog ( ) in the bed.
    i love it when she wakes up in the morning and she starts talking and kissing us to wake us up. too cute.
    plus, night feedings and getting her back to sleep are sooo easy.