Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How many nursing mothers cosleep?

Default How many nursing mothers cosleep?

I've been co-sleeping with my lo for about 3 months now and he is 9 months old. Before I would nurse him and place him back in his crib. His crib is in our bedroom. Its just seems easier to have him in bed since he's been waking up every 2 hours to nurse or comfort nurse. I love to have my son sleep next to me but I miss sleeping with my husband (he snores and wakes the baby up). I just wonder if the baby is getting up so much because he knows I'm there? And if he needs to nurse that much at night? He's 191/2 lbs now and eats a solids twice a day. And is it eventually easy to put him back in the crib and in his own room when he is one years old?

Thanks!

Default Re: How many nursing mothers cosleep?

I tried not cosleeping for a few days and it was too hard. LO falls asleep nursing so its much easiers to just let him be and not move him. That way I can be half asleep while nursing too. I get more sleep this way and LO wakes up to eat moe often when he sleeps by himelf.

But DH just doesnt fit in bed with us.

Micah Mateo 10 months old
    And my angel Tyler born and passed 3/3/06

Hi, I co sleep some nights. It just depends. Sometimes I am just too tired to put her back in her crib and I fall asleep nursing. My hubby snores and it drives me crazy. Between her waking and hubby snoring it gets crazy! I prefer her in her own crib but dont mind co sleeping once an awhile. I am the type that likes to move around alot when I sleep so its hard when she is right next to me. I do love it though. My 7 year still trys to sneak in our bed in the middle of the night. I say do whatever feels the best.

My dd slept in a bassinet right next to me until I went back to work at 3 months (I work 2 nights a weeks). She sleeps really well in her crib on her own which my dh started when I was away at night. Dh is a deep sleeper and we have 2 big dogs that jump on the bed from time to time so cosleeping always made me nervous.

http://forums.llli.org/showthread.php?t=35451

I had the same question above is the thread
    My little May baby just turned THE BIG ONE!
    Formally known as kaykate23

We cosleep. Didn't intend to but it just works out better that way. My DH is gone most of the night at work anyways, so it's not that big of a deal. We have a full bed and on the weekends we all fit in it just fine. I thought that my DH would be more adverse to it but he actually loves watching Sam and I sleep together and he loves waking up to his son in the morning.

We cosleep. I didn't think I would, but Caitlyn has been sleeping with me since we were at the hospital

I absolutely LOVE cosleeping!!!!!! In fact, hubby and I were talking this morning that maybe it would be easier in the mornings for me to get up and get ready for work (some mornings it takes a while for Caitlyn to go back to sleep) if I stopped cosleeping. While I do agree with that, I LOVE, falling asleep with Caitlyn snuggled up to me and I sleep much better when I sleep with her. So it is worth it to me to get up a little earlier and take the extra time in the morning
    Carol
    Proud mom to,
    Cassi 5/17/85
    Carlie 3/16/96

The Twinzillas
    Camryn 8/17/06
    Carson 8/17/06
    & their Shadow
    Caitlyn 4/22/07

I never co slept and I regret it. My mother scared me with all kinds of stories of moms rolling over on their babies and crushing them. So for 15 months, everytime DD cried I rolled out of bed, walked down the hall, and scooped DD from her crib to nurse. Doing this several times a night was exhausting! Especially since I went back to work when DD was 14 weeks.

If I could ever do it again I will get a bassinett for the first few months then cosleep away!

Thanks for all your replies. I think I'll continue with cosleeping for awhile or until he decreases his night nursings. I'll try and put him back in his crib sometimes during the night as well so he feels comfortable & safe in his crib when he wakes up. He does take his 2 naps during the day in the crib.

I have co-slept with all of my kids, age's, and how long ranged dramaticly. But, With Abby my youngest ( and only bf baby right now )(oh..and she's 7mths,) I co-slept with her from the minute she was born. So yes, we started in the hospital and havent stopped but two days probably. My hubby put her in the crib before at around 11:30pm and she slept until 7am ! It scared the crap out of me, when i finally woke up and saw the time, i went running to her to make sure she was ok. Of course she was, but since then i wont do it again. My back was killing me too i slept all funky
    Anyway, she does get up alot, around 3-4 times a night, kinda sucks, but im half out of it anyway. Also i couldnt fall asleep without her there. She's my little teddy bear
    i hope this all made sense, i jump around alot huh !