Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: is this enough domperidone

Default is this enough domperidone

Hi
    My Dr. prescribed domperidone. The prescription is for 1-10mg tab 3 times/day. From some of the posts I have read, the commun dose is 3 tab 3 times/day. Does it also go by body weight and size. And how long would it take to work. And if my milk comes back to a fuller supply can they be stopped and keep my supply.

Default Re: is this enough domperidone

The recommended dose I've seen is 20 mg 4 times per day. I don't know how long it will take to take effect, but whenever you achieve the results you want reduce gradually the amount of Domperidone gradually, at least that the recommendation for Reglan. How long did the doctor told you to take them?

My advice is to try the 1 pill 3 times a day first. I did this and noticed a 30-35% increase in milk after about a week. Perhaps this dosage will bring you to where you need to be?

I have tried to wean off of it, but without success. Part of my problem is that I only pump for missed feedings 6 times per week. It is hard to estimate if my supply has dropped. Does anyone have any tips?

Hi
    Thanks for replying. Dr. prescribed 3 refills of 60 tabs. He suggested I try 2 per day for 2 days and said to increase to 3. He said I could call if I needed more. He just doesn't like to prescribe anything unless there is a major problem. So if I go as prescribed it's good for 2 months, and if it is increased it's only for 1 month. Hope that is enough.

Are you in Canada? If not, how did your DR prescribe this for you? My doc couldnt.

Hi
    intime0: I am in canada and got a prescription from Dr. You can probably order it online without at http://www.globaldrug.tv/default.asp
    I do believe they work to. I've only been taking them for 3 days and already seen an increase.