Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: This place is great!

Smile This place is great!

I just wanted to say that this palce is the best! I've been using LLL to answer a lot of BFing questions since my daughter was born but I just found this forum. I am thrilled to find like minded ladies in a society that makes extended BFing Mom's feel like they are not doing the right thing! My daughter is only 8 months old and when people find out that I'm still nursing her they always give me that "oh" like I'm weird or something. When they ask how long I plan on continuing to nurse and I tell them, I swear you'd think I am telling them I plan to feed her poison! My Mom BF me until I weaned myself at 22 months and I FULLY intend to try to do the same. I already feel sad at the prospect of stoping. It's the best bonding experience I can imagine...
    I'm so glad you are all here!!!

Smile Re: This place is great!

Well, we are glad you found us, WELCOME.

You will always find support here and answers or advice.

My DS will be 8 mos on the 12th of June.

Keep up the good work.

Deb

Default Re: This place is great!

You're absolutely right. This place is great!! It give you a lot of support and great advises, and I truly believe this place is making a big difference on all those mothers without family support, even if you have support this will reinforced you.

My LO turned one today and will still going strong and no matter what or how many comments I get we will continue as long as he wants!

Welcome to the Forum!!

Wow, if 8 months and 12 months is considered extended nursing, then what is 3 years?

Quote Originally Posted by apmamaoftwins
    Wow, if 8 months and 12 months is considered extended nursing, then what is 3 years?
    That is called STILL less than the worldwide weaning average age.

Very cool. I have to agree. I have a nine month old, and I am sure people are going to start looking at me like I'm crazy when I am still bfing. Good thing she is tiny. They all still think she is only 5 months, lol!