Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: I smell like IHOP

TaraRenee is offline Shares Widely And Frequently

Default I smell like IHOP

This fenugreek is something else... I smell like a walking plate of pancakes. Like this plate of breakfast just sprouted legs and is me.

I walked outside to do a couple loads of laundry (apartment living is great..) and sweat a little.. I swear it smelled like IHOP out there.. people were probably doing laundry and wondering why they wanted pancakes..

However I dont see any more milk coming in... I know I have to stimulate them more though.. I'm trying to get ahold of WIC to rent a good pump or price them soon to buy... Like I said before, the pump I used before does nothing for relactating...

I guess I'll just continue to smell like breakfast for a while..

Default Re: I smell like IHOP

You get used to the smell and won't notice it anymore.

How's the latching on going w/ your LO?
    Lisa

Mommy to
    Logan 5-23-07
    Colby 12-14-09

we were just talking to a friend tonight who said she smelled like maple syrup...too funny. Hang in there, good luck with your pump search
    My little May baby just turned THE BIG ONE!
    Formally known as kaykate23

[QUOTE=TaraRenee;344805]However I dont see any more milk coming in... I know I have to stimulate them more though.. I'm trying to get ahold of WIC to rent a good pump or price them soon to buy... Like I said before, the pump I used before does nothing for relactating... {/QUOTE]

Use the pump you have anyway, for now. It may not seem like it is doing anything, but any stimulation is hormonally changing you. It takes a lot of work in the beginning. It gets easier. (Boy this sounds familiar. Everyone told me this a few weeks ago.)

Smile Re: I smell like IHOP

Quote Originally Posted by TaraRenee View Post
    However I dont see any more milk coming in... I know I have to stimulate them more though.. I'm trying to get ahold of WIC to rent a good pump or price them soon to buy... Like I said before, the pump I used before does nothing for relactating...m
    The IBCLC I saw stated that the only 'retail' pump capable of increasing/maintaining a milk supply is the Medela Pump in Style Advanced. Of course, if you can rent a hospital grade one that would be even better. I take Mother's Lactation Tonic which has shown an increase for me. It is ava at most health food stores or online, plus I dont smell like a pancake aerobics class.

lol I feel the same way! I smell like maple syrup too and I am always wondering if anyone else can smell it on me.
    Amanda

Mommy to my preemie prince Alexander Warren born at 35 weeks 6 days
    on 9/27/07 at 9:02PM Via C-section
    Birth Weight/Length - 5lbs 8oz, 18" long
    Current Weight/Length at 3 years old - 34lbs, 38 inches tall.

Mommy to my little princess Abigail Rose born at 38 weeks 3 days on 11/06/09 @ 6:51PM Via C-section.
    Birth Weight/Length - 6lbs, 19 inches
    Breastfeeding and doing great!

Hi Tara,

I just posted this somewhere else, but I really think knowing how to do manual bm extraction is going to help you. Take a look at this video.

Tara, can I asked what happened to cause you to have to relactate? Just curious...I thought you got off to a good start. Does Owen have a bad latch?
    All over the world there exists in every society a small group of women who feel themselves strongly attracted to giving care to other women during pregnancy and childbirth. Failure to make use of this group of highly motivated people is regrettable and a sin against the principle of subsidiary. ~ Dr. Kloosterman, Chief of OB/GYN, Univ. of Amsterdam, Holland

**Leslie**

Mama to:
    Shiloh (5/6/06) Nursed for 13 months and Josephine (7/26/08) Nursed for 23.5 mos Currently nursing my new little firecracker, Finley Catherine, born on the 4th of July!!

My favorite was going to the bathroom (TMI). It always smelled like syrup!
    What also worked for me was More Milk Plus. I got it from the health food store. Apparently, the alcohol based one works better than their other one. It tastes horrific. I downed it with root beer. Anyway, that seemed to help me more than Fenugreek, but I've had friends that did better with the Fenugreek. To each her own...

Here it is:

Good luck to you!

Also, if you are having trouble getting into your WIC office, is their another one in town? I found out I was having trouble getting an appointment because that office was understaffed, but was able to get an appointment the same day at a different office a few miles further.
    Mommie to big sister Eszter, and twinnies Sophia and Josiah