Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A LITTLE tired of my big breasts

Default A LITTLE tired of my big breasts

i'm 38DD
    haven't worn a regular proper fitting bra for months.
    they are not as comfortable as my maternity bras which are not as supportive
    i've lost weight. i'm now 147 lbs.
    feeling the weight of my breasts affecting my back and posture.
    thinking of weaning. thinking of reducing breasts...........
    have been enjoying breastfeeding though.

Default Re: A LITTLE tired of my big breasts

Quote Originally Posted by bello View Post
    i'm 38DD
    haven't worn a regular proper fitting bra for months.
    they are not as comfortable as my maternity bras which are not as supportive
    i've lost weight. i'm now 147 lbs.
    feeling the weight of my breasts affecting my back and posture.
    thinking of weaning. thinking of reducing breasts...........
    have been enjoying breastfeeding though.
    I would go out and buy yourself a nice fitting bra. I actually don't wear nursing or maternity bras I just wear my regular underwire bras in a size bigger of course. I know what you mean about being tired your big breast. I think you should stick with nursing if you are enjoying it.

hmmmm
    one of the early lessons about breastfeeding was not wearing close fitting bras so i have resisted.
    but today (funny you should advise it) I returned to one of my regular bras and the support was excellent. I felt so much better.
    i hope i don't get too engorged by wearing my regular bras but i think i will continue from now on.
    i pump twice daily and feed at night and exclusively throughout the weekdns.
    i start a new job in mid november so i may wean then....

If you want to wean, that's one thing. But if you don't, you don't have to.

I had a professional bra fitting a couple of months ago and it has made a huge difference. I'm not wearing nursing bras except at night (if I wear one at all), and I've had no trouble with the underwires in the new bras; the old ones were too tight.

I've been wearing 36DD bras. I understand the feeling. I've been wearing nursing bras w/underwire for support (Target) and sometimes my old, "normal" bras (also underwire) & I have had no issues w/ blocked ducts, etc that some say come along w/underwire. I wear non-underwire nursing bras at night. So long as the bra fits properly, you s/b fine. I say try the regular bras & if you're ok w/that, stick with BF for as long as you can.

I totally understand your pain. I was a 34DD before I got pregnant. I miss pretty bras the most. I just don't see how I can switch to a regular bra when DS is still nursing approx. 6x a day? My nursing bras are way shot and I need new ones but I don't want to spend the money. No real answers or suggestions, just sympathy and understanding.

Amy married to my bestfriend since 10/30/04

Proud SAHM to DS born 2/17/07 and DD born 9/11/08 Both weaned together 11/2011
    Currently milk, peach, peanut and tree nut free. DD has outgrown her wheat, cheese, egg, garlic, and citrus allergies

Getting a correctly fitted bra is a MUST not just for nursing but all the time! I forget the stats - but most women aren't wearing the correct bra size.

I never found any nursing bras that I liked. I called my favorite lingerie store to ask if they had any recommendations for brands / stores - and they said they'd fit me for my current size and have the regular bras converted to nursing bras for free.

This is basically what they did:
    http://www.sleepingbaby.net/jan/Baby/braconvert.html

I'm a 36DD and have been wearing my correctly fitting regular underwire - converted to nursing bras for over a year. I love the support and I have had zero problems with clogged ducts. At night I wear a nursing camisole (Target has some nice ones) or now that I've stopped leaking all over the place nothing at all.
    Lynn
    DS1: bf 7/2006 -> 4/2009; multiple food allergies
    DS2: bf 9/2009 -> ???
    ; multiple food allergies
    Breastmilk Donor - http://hmbana.org/index/donatemilk
    Click HERE to learn about baby led solids (BLS) / baby led weaning (BLW)

thanks to everyone
    convertibles - cool idea

I tried to make my own nursing bra... it didn't work out too well---the strap frayed where I had cut it so it didn't last very long and it was very hard to work the hooks one handed. I called it my "pumping bra" because it was ok when I was pumping at work but not when I had a baby to contend with.

I LOVE bravado. They're expensive but totally worth it. As long as they're not soiled I wear them for several days and they hold up very well. I've had problems with underwire so I won't wear anything with underwire.

I also just wore my regular bra most of the time with no problem and only bought a couple expensive nursing bras for if I was going to be out of the house with the baby during feeding time. I like the Goddess ones. Not too fancy looking but comfy.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Lois
    Cushie Pushie Breast Support Pillow
    The Cushion the Pushes You Up for Breastfeeding Moms, Breastfeeding gift baskets

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~