Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Not nursing and not sleeping

Default Re: Not nursing and not sleeping

My LO is also 4 months and having some trouble paying attention to nursing.

I can't talk, sometimes he allows me to listen to other people talking.

If I sneeze, cough, clear my throat...oh my, can't concentrate. He snacks a little here and there...I find I love when he is hungry, concentrates and gets down to business.

He never has slept more than 3 or 4 hours, so the night waking is normal for me. Although now he sometimes wants to sleep on me, in the cradle postion. Won't nurse in the night lying down. Sometimes hard to heft his 17.5 pounds up onto my lap when I am so sleepy.

He had his shots on Friday, and did MUCH better than I expected, and much better than when he had the 2 mo ones. He was pretty normal, maybe a little bit cranky.

He also is not napping well. I feel as if I spend all day trying to put him to sleep. He gets a good nap in the morning (maybe 45 minutes) from there, you just never know. Cat napper. Cranky pants cat napper.

So, seems kindof normal to me. Good luck!
    Kat

SAHM mom to Richard, born 6/6/07 at 8 pounds, now 27!

Wife to Michael for 13 years

Default Re: Not nursing and not sleeping

Thanks everyone! I'm trying to hang in there! He isn't just only distracted, but when he does decide to eat (his normal 5 minutes) He pulls back so hard and eats at the end of my nipple. Ouch! It is like he is a newborn again. No matter how many times I try to correct his latch he just does it over and over. Not really sure what that is about. I thought maybe it was OALD, which I had in the beginning, but when it doesn't seem to be coming out fast at all, just the opposite. Maybe he is frustrated with the flow????