Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Dry skin solution?

Default Dry skin solution?

My 12 day old baby has very dry skin on her hands and feet. We have put a humidifier in our room and have been applying Eucerin as advised. This has helped somewhat but not a lot. Any suggestions for treating dry skin in a very young baby?

Thank you!!

Default Re: Dry skin solution?

The Eucerin won't hurt a bit nor will the humidifier but this is a baby thing, not a problem your daughter has

She's doing her post womb peel and it'll stop in a few weeks. My son was exactly the same. I slapped Eucerin on him sometimes too but just for aesthetics of not seeing his peely skin.

Time will fix it

Clare's Mum is offline Shares Widely And Frequently

My daughter went through the same thing around that age. It is totally normal and will be over before you know it.

Quote Originally Posted by Beanie View Post
    The Eucerin won't hurt a bit nor will the humidifier but this is a baby thing, not a problem your daughter has

She's doing her post womb peel and it'll stop in a few weeks. My son was exactly the same. I slapped Eucerin on him sometimes too but just for aesthetics of not seeing his peely skin.

Time will fix it
    ITA... I think the skin peals faster when left alone (no oil and lotions). I only applied it where he's skin seemed to be "cracking"... he finished his peeling in a week....
    Married mama with 4 kiddos...2 girls (11 & 6) and 2 boys (21mo & 3mo)

yeah its normal for thier skin to peal, part of being born and going from wet to dry.

we used cetaphil, ds had super sensitive skin as well, and it worked great! we used the body wash, too.
    Lisa
    Married to my Sugar Daddy
    Mom to Matt (5/14/97)
    James (11/8/06)
    Kelly Anne (3/14/08)
    Paul (3/11/10)