Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: 3 days away from 14m baby

Default 3 days away from 14m baby

Hi, it is my first time to post here. I have been BF my DD and she is turning 1 next week. I have to take an international trip when DD is 14m. It is gonna be about 3 days and 2 nights. I cannot take her with me and I will leave her with DH and my mom. Anybody has similar experiences? What should I expect? Currently DD nurses 4-5 times in the day and whenever she woke up in the night which is about 2-5 times.

Default Re: 3 days away from 14m baby

I have not had to be away from DS, but wanted to offer a article from New Beginnings Breastfeeding and Business Trips and Business Travel: Make It Work for You and Your Baby

When I first went back to work (I work nights) I would leave my night gown near by so that he could have that as a secondary comfort (daddy being the first).

Having your DH and your mom take a bigger role in your DD's care will help with the transition to know that she is okay even if you are not there.

When you get home try to spend some cuddle time nursing on demand and getting those extra kisses in

This is the link to TSA's policies for traveling with breastmilk:

"TSA is also modifying the rules associated with carrying breast milk through security checkpoints. Mothers flying with, and now without, their child will be permitted to bring breast milk in quantities greater than three ounces as long as it is declared for inspection at the security checkpoint.

Breast milk is in the same category as liquid medications. Now, a mother flying without her child will be able to bring breast milk through the checkpoint, provided it is declared prior to screening."

Good luck and have a safe trip!