Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: gassiness and poops

Default gassiness and poops

My 6 week old has the smelliest farts... up until a few days ago, she was pooping multiple times a day... I started to notice that she's not pooping every day, in fact hasn't pooped in maybe 3-4 days...

I've read this is normal, but I still worry it's not... I didn't breastfeed my first child so I don't have any personal experience with this....

Is the gas and the lack of frequent poops normal?

thank you !

Default Re: gassiness and poops

For me it's normal. At around 4 weeks my lo started to poop around 1/day. And sometimes he has really "hard" farts b4 a poop. I know sometimes, the farts are from something I ate though....

I think all bfing moms have had at least 1 poop question (rather we want to mentioned it or not)
    Married mama with 4 kiddos...2 girls (11 & 6) and 2 boys (21mo & 3mo)

Sounds very "normal" to me!
    Click here to find an LLL leader near you...or call 1 877 4 LA LECHE for help now.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Emerson

Ban the bags. ......... Watch your language. ....... Help keep Dr Newman's clinic open!

We demand that our childcare providers are CPR certified... why don't we demand the same of ourselves! Get certified!

I lost 22 lbs in 8 months... with a bit of determination and common sense information from this book.

When my baby was little, his fart and poop would smell really bad whenever I have eaten eggs. I dont know if there are other food that can also cause smelly farts/poop. Oh and my LO went 3-4days without a poop... Very normal.