Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: allergy concerns / frusterstion

Post allergy concerns / frusterstion

Hello,
    I was reading through some of your threads and I wanted to ask you about a similar problem we might be going through. When my baby was 3 months old , he was in the hospital for vomiting and blood in his stool. From the research I have done, these symptoms have been linked to food allergies, especially since I was allergic to everything when i was a baby. I havent seen anymore blood in the stool in 2 months, but he is constantly congested. And that is another symptom that I might need to remove milk.egg, etc. from my diet. ssOOOOO Why cant I get a doctor to tell me this? Everytime I bring him in they say.. well its too early to tell, if he gets congested then put him on the ventilator. And even when he was in the hospital .. I didnt get a straight answer.??

Post allergy concerns / frustration

Hello,
    I was reading through some of your threads and I wanted to ask you about a similar problem we might be going through. When my baby was 3 months old , he was in the hospital for vomiting and blood in his stool. From the research I have done, these symptoms have been linked to food allergies, especially since I was allergic to everything when i was a baby. I havent seen anymore blood in the stool in 2 months, but he is constantly congested. And that is another symptom that I might need to remove milk.egg, etc. from my diet. ssOOOOO Why cant I get a doctor to tell me this? Everytime I bring him in they say.. well its too early to tell, if he gets congested then put him on the ventilator. And even when he was in the hospital .. I didnt get a straight answer.??

Default Re: allergy concerns / frustration

Just wanted to let you know my Lo had bad congestion around 6 weeks old. It never went away. Two Peds told us to just use saline and it helped but didnt solve the problem. They thought it was just a cold etc.. I decided on my own to elminate dairy and she was fine within a few days. No more congestion etc.. Definally do your research. I hate to say it but some docs/peds just dont get it.

my dd was sent to an allergist when she was two weeks old for congestion, v/d, rash and not gaining weight. the allergist told us they do not test until 12months b/c bf babies have mom's antibodies. well she was having reactions to food I was eating and I am allergic to milk protien (which I was told to eat for her even though I can not digest it) After elimation of all the top food allergens (soy, milk, eggs, gluten, peanuts, fish, and a few others) we slowly add back into my diet and my dd was hosptialized from milk protein, soy and gluten reaction. SO go with your gut and try eliminating and see if it works. DD is so much healthier and finally gaining weight since these things have been exlude from my diet and her diarrhea is better but not gone.

Unfortunately they don't tell you these things because they don't know or they discredit it as an option. They don't look at baby as a whole, but rather a symptom. Everything I know and have learned was on my own - my doc was no help Until I researched for months, did all the foot work then shared it with her - to which she sid "oh, I hadn't thought of that"

so while it is infuriationg - you can find the info and support from the moms here (and on other boards as well, I am sure )

FTR we too had blood and other poop issues, congestions, skin rashes breathing problems and more... doc said it was all "normal" :
    Click here to find an LLL leader near you...or call 1 877 4 LA LECHE for help now.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Emerson

Ban the bags. ......... Watch your language. ....... Help keep Dr Newman's clinic open!

We demand that our childcare providers are CPR certified... why don't we demand the same of ourselves! Get certified!

I lost 22 lbs in 8 months... with a bit of determination and common sense information from this book.