Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Other side peease!

Default Other side peease!

So my little one is now 15 months old. . .and she's still nursing strong, lately she'll be latched on for a few minutes, then sit up and point, or pat and say "other side peease!" it's soo cute! My ds never did this. She'll tell me what side she wants first too. . .very particular about her momma milk!
    Cloth Diapering & Family, SAHMomma to Joel (5/04) and & to Hannah (6/06) and devoted wife to Joel

Default Re: Other side peease!

Aww, it is cute when they do that.
    My DS used to have trouble with saying "th" so he'd say, "Udder side please" which always made me laugh!
    I think one of the real delights of nursing a toddler is when they begin to talk and express their feelings about it.

Sometimes our babes say SUCH precious things! I love hearing about it!!

That's sweet. My DD likes to choose her "side" too and she sounds so excited about it: "I'm going to nurse on this side!" (while patting my breast lovingly )

Molly

Loving mama to JP (DS, 1/03 ~ nursed 6 mos), EL (DD1, 9/05 ~ nursed 4 yrs), EJ (DD2, 3/08 ~ nursed 3 yrs 9 mos), and
    JM (DD3, 6/12 ~ currently nursing), all born naturally
    Devoted wife to SAHD P, my hero
    A few of my favorite things that I've discovered on the forum: co-sleeping, baby-wearing, tandem nursing, baby-led solids, cloth diapering, APing, selective vaccination...the list goes on

So sweet! I just love it!

Loving my Beautiful High Needs Baby Girl born 12/28/06

My son is almost 15 months and he only says mommy, daddy and "it's over" (when he is done with his meal). Nothing about nursing yet

My LO just turned 1 and she now pops off when she is finnished with one side and turns herself around to nurse on the other side. She makes a cute notise when moving to the other side too that I love!
    Samantha: born 3 1/2 weeks early on Sept 2006 6lbs 4 oz 18 inches long with situs inversus totalis. Now a strong healthy little girl that wants to be a NICU doctor, loves her little sister and breastfeeds her dolls!
    Milk donated with while nursing first LO: 2,200 oz
    Alexandra: born 3 weeks early on July 2010 7lbs 8 oz 19.5 inches long.
    Milk donated with while nursing first LO: 1,200

For information on becoming a Breastmilk Donor http://hmbana.org/index/donatemilk

My guy says 'side' too! He said "opposite side" so much that it has become his phrase for nursing. All weekend we discussed who could and couldn't have opposite side.

"Moose opposite side? Only Raya" (DS calls himself Raya.)

awwww!! That's sweet!

So my little one is now 15 months old. . .and she's still nursing strong, lately she'll be latched on for a few minutes, then sit up and point, or pat and say "other side peease!" it's soo cute! My ds never did this. She'll tell me what side she wants first too. . .very particular about her momma milk!
    I think it's sharing stories like this that will hopefully give nursing mom's a glimpse at the joy of nursing a toddler. My DS is 15 months and while I loved our nursing relationship before, as he's blossoming more and more into a little person, I am so happy about these little interactions we have now.

My son refused the other day, which was pretty hilarious, he has the head snake and 'no, no, no' down pat. On the other hand, when he signs milk over and over and is sitting on my lap waiting for me getting things ready for him, it's just so special. Now when he finishes a side, he sits up, and points to the other side too.

Nursing a toddler is so much different than I expected, and different in a good way.

My Little Reverse Cyclers
    *DS born July 2006, nursed 3 yrs 10 mos!
    *DD born January 2011, happily nursing and bucking the bottle just like big brother
    *One Angel baby we sadly never met July 2009

Happily married to an amazing man who puts up with all my craziness since 1999.