Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Two Questions

Default Two Questions

Not sure what is going on ... but we thought lo was done with colic a couple of weeks ago. Now she is doing the same crying at night (5pm-8:30pm) and pulling her latch off when feeding. Not sure if she is just so tired ... hungry ... or sad? Any thoughts?

Second ... she still has a bit of wobbly head at three months old. Is this normal. Cousin pointed out that she seems a bit wobbly and that her daughter was not that wobbly at 3 months. I am worried now ... we do tummy time but not that much because she screams at the top of her lungs after two or three minutes. She can pull her head up when you pick her up by her hands to a sitting posistion. She sits in her bumbo a lot and enjoys it. Am I doing something wrong ...
    Jennifer

AIM- cuigrl

Proud Mommy to~
    Emma and Ally 3/15/06 (my two little angels in heaven)

Kaylin Ryan born on 6/22/07~ My joy!!!!

Default Re: Two Questions

Does she have gases...they want to suck when they are gassy.
    My lo still gets fussy at night for no real reason.. I just try to comfort him...It's almost like he's fighting his sleep... I just figued that his time he has chosen to be cuddled...so either DH or I keep him close at that time...
    Married mama with 4 kiddos...2 girls (11 & 6) and 2 boys (21mo & 3mo)

I think it's called the witching hour. both my lo's had that around dinner time. with my ds, my dh would put him on his shoulders and walk around the house. Seemed to calm him down.
    wobbly head. I think that's very normal development! continue with the tummy time, put toys in front or mirrors and try to prop lo up with a rolled blanket or towel. hope that helps!!

I think Colic resolves by 6 weeks, so I am guessing your baby is tired. My little guy does this at 9:00 AM and 7:00 PM if I don't preventitively strike. Whenever the time is, try and get him down for a nap about 30 min before the start, that has worked wonders with me. My pedi said they get a "second wind" similar to when we used to pull all nighters in college and they can't settle down easily for sleep. If it is too late and the fit has started, what works best for me is distraction to trick him into eating b/c as soon as he starts nursing he is out. Try an ice cube or a shower or whatever works for you guys.

Our DD had "evening fussiness":
    http://www.kellymom.com/babyconcerns/fussy-evening.html

It was so bad some nights we wouldn't know what to do. Thankfully it resolves itself between 3-4 months.

Wobbly head sounds normal -- DD is 100 days old today (14 weeks, 2 days) and she is still wobbly but with times of very good head control.
    Clara Ann from 6/27/07 to 7/2/09