Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: low milk supply during pumping sessions, please help

Unhappy low milk supply during pumping sessions, please help

hi ,
    I have a 9 weeks old daughter, I have noticed that I pump very less during one sitting, its only 1/2 to 1 ounce in 15mins after puming both the bearst .I am using the pump in style, please help as I have to go back to work and I want to continue to give her breast milk.

thanks
    julee

Default Re: low milk supply during pumping sessions, please help

How often is little one nursing? When do you pump in relation to when little one nurses?

Thanks for the reply to justin and logans mom,
    she is nursing 7-8 times a day and I tried to pump two hours after feeding her just to see how much I would produce .I assumed I should be getting around 3 ounces of milk in one sitting...
    Whats the normal output of milk should be during one sitting of pumping session?

To my understanding pumping output varies greatly for everyone and at different times of the day. Hopefully an LLL moderator will be able to answer that question better.

My little one is 7.5m, I pump to mix with rice cereal. Sometimes I get 3 ozs (enough for two cereal meals), sometimes I only get 1.5. It seems to depend on when I pump in relation to when I nurse.

Are you feeling let down when pumping? How many times have you tried to pump? If you are just starting to try, it may take a little while to get your body used to having to produce at that time. If you are going back to work soon, I would suggest pumping at the times when you expect you'll pump at work.

You said you nurse 7-8 times a day, is it mostly during the day, spread out equally?