Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nursing to sleep impossible

Default Re: Nursing to sleep impossible

id either of your little ones get frustrated once the OS situation started to resolve? seems like my lo is getting frustrated once the breast begins to soften. it's like he won't work for the hind milk bc he's so used to the strong rush of milk. thoughts??
    No, my first seemed to be relieved that she didn't have to fight it anymore. I am guessing this one will be the same, if it ever regulates!

Erin
    Wife to a grizzly
    Mama to my little deer (12/05) my loving bear cub (9/07--), and our little tiger (3/22/10)
    Born by one c-section and 2 amazing VBACs

Miles in 2012: 350.5/900 (Actual Miles Ran: 189)
    Miles in 2011: 708.5 (Actual Miles Ran: 509)
    Miles in 2010: 800.5 (Actual Miles Ran: 620)

January Miles: 37.5/75
    February Miles: 59/75
    March Miles: 42.5/60
    April Miles: 64
    May Miles: 41/70
    June Miles: 59
    July Miles: 39.5

227.5 miles on my new shoes
    338 miles on my old shoes

Quote Originally Posted by Number3 View Post
    Not sure if this will help you at all but i'ts a little "IME" moment - when we had to do block nursing I was going on 4-5 hour blocks. It's the only thing that helped us for months!!

God luck - I hope it all works out sooooon!
    just wanted to add it took about 1 month for everything to even out...

oh and - we need new pics!!!!!
    Click here to find an LLL leader near you...or call 1 877 4 LA LECHE for help now.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Emerson

Ban the bags. ......... Watch your language. ....... Help keep Dr Newman's clinic open!

We demand that our childcare providers are CPR certified... why don't we demand the same of ourselves! Get certified!

I lost 22 lbs in 8 months... with a bit of determination and common sense information from this book.

Pics will come. Sorry...I'm a terrible 2nd time mommy. I've taken a lot but haven't gotten them uploaded yet.

And...we are using a pacifier for the first time . I feel awful, but for the first night in a week or more he is peaceful. Awake, sucking, in my arms, on his pacifier, and peaceful. No suck, suck, letdown, puke, suck, suck, letdown, puke...for 3 hours. I hate it. I don't want another binker baby, but this is bliss. Now, everyone pray for me that it doesn't mess everything up in the long run.

Erin
    Wife to a grizzly
    Mama to my little deer (12/05) my loving bear cub (9/07--), and our little tiger (3/22/10)

after reading all what you been through, I really hope from my heart that things will get better and better for ya and nothing gets messed up with the intro of a binky.. .

Proud Mother to Ziyad, born naturally, November 3 2006

Breastfed for 26 months and still co-sleeping
    "Do more than belong, participate. Do more than care, help.

Do more than believe, practice. Do more than be fair, be kind.

Do more than dream, work!."

cmp12345 is offline Shares Widely And Frequently

Quote Originally Posted by epbrown View Post
    No, my first seemed to be relieved that she didn't have to fight it anymore. I am guessing this one will be the same, if it ever regulates!
    I'm curious, how long did it take for your supply to regulate with your first one?

I don't remember for certain. It was weird because she had a nipple shield for the first 2 months and then when we weaned from that, she was only nursing every 2 hours and the blocks seemed to help. She was already not nursing to sleep at all by then...and was completely dependent on the pacifier for that. I think it was around 3 months, which is consistent with most of what I hear with OS.

Erin
    Wife to a grizzly

Just thought I would update this thread, in case it helps anyone. We took drastic measures to get my supply down--I went to 6 hour blocks and probably over did it, but my supply is down and we are nursing to sleep . It is so much easier than the other methods we have had to use, both with Waylon and with Haylee. I wouldn't recommend this to anyone that wasn't certain they had an OS problem, because it can dramatically reduce supply, as it did with me. I am working on getting my left breast back up a little bit, but my right is perfect! He is still getting plenty, but my left is producing less than I am comfortable with, and I need to start pumping some to have for a freezer stash.

I think you could get to this point without extending blocks quite so much, but I really wanted him to nurse to sleep, so we didn't have the battles we had with dd.

Erin
    Wife to a grizzly

Quote Originally Posted by epbrown View Post
    Just thought I would update this thread, in case it helps anyone. We took drastic measures to get my supply down--I went to 6 hour blocks and probably over did it, but my supply is down and we are nursing to sleep . It is so much easier than the other methods we have had to use, both with Waylon and with Haylee. I wouldn't recommend this to anyone that wasn't certain they had an OS problem, because it can dramatically reduce supply, as it did with me. I am working on getting my left breast back up a little bit, but my right is perfect! He is still getting plenty, but my left is producing less than I am comfortable with, and I need to start pumping some to have for a freezer stash.

I think you could get to this point without extending blocks quite so much, but I really wanted him to nurse to sleep, so we didn't have the battles we had with dd.

Click here to find an LLL leader near you...or call 1 877 4 LA LECHE for help now.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Emerson

Ban the bags. ......... Watch your language. ....... Help keep Dr Newman's clinic open!

We demand that our childcare providers are CPR certified... why don't we demand the same of ourselves! Get certified!

I lost 22 lbs in 8 months... with a bit of determination and common sense information from this book.

Great news, Erin! I'm sure you'll get your supply where you want it in no time, then Waylon will throw you another curve ball.

Molly

Loving mama to JP (DS, 1/03 ~ nursed 6 mos), EL (DD1, 9/05 ~ nursed 4 yrs), EJ (DD2, 3/08 ~ nursed 3 yrs 9 mos), and
    JM (DD3, 6/12 ~ currently nursing), all born naturally
    Devoted wife to SAHD P, my hero
    A few of my favorite things that I've discovered on the forum: co-sleeping, baby-wearing, tandem nursing, baby-led solids, cloth diapering, APing, selective vaccination...the list goes on

usually by three months things are starting to regulate..almost everyone has "too" much milk in the early days, actually a good problem, woulden't want to have too little, but still frusterating I know!