Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: All the Fenugreek takin' ladies!

Default Re: All the Fenugreek takin' ladies!

this is my first post so let see how I do...my son is 9 1/2 months and almost exclusively breast fed. He doesn't like formula, eats a little fruit, loves crackers but mostly relies on me. I had a horrible 2 weeks at work were I was away from Connor for 15 - 18 hours at a time and I was only able to pump maybe twice during the day. I thought that my supply was established enough so I didn't think twice about missing my pumping time. unfortunately I have noticed a 50% decrease in my supply. I have only been taking 2 pills once a day, I didn't know that I could take more, so I am going to up my doseage and start drinking my mother milk tea again and hopefully by the end of the weekend we will be back up and running. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by lexiemery View Post
    Where do you get Fenugreek capsules and Mother's Milk Tea
    I order mine online in bulk. The best price I found for Mother's Milk Tea is from http://www.tealand.com. I get the fenugreek from www.vitacost.com.

Has anyones baby had loose stools once they started fenugreek and does it go away???

Quote Originally Posted by NAOMI View Post
    Has anyones baby had loose stools once they started fenugreek and does it go away???

Yep it's normal nothing to worry about. I asked my Dr. about this- and yes it does go away.
    Lisa

Mommy to
    Logan 5-23-07
    Colby 12-14-09

Quote Originally Posted by MommyLuvsU View Post
    Yes I smell like syrup! My pedi is also an IBCLC and she told me that I can even double that amount if I need to- she said you can't take too much of it and with the pills it's not really exact how much is in each capsule. It wasn't until I upped the dose by a lot I noticed my milk really increases.
    Wow so I can double the amount I'm taking without any side effect? That's great news because up to now Fenugreek has not really worked for me! I'll up the doses and see if it will help.:tumbsup

I was wondering if anyone had any kind of stomach pain after taking this. I took some and had some stomach pain so didn't take it again. It could have been unrelated, so I am wondering if I should try again or if it is something another person here may have experienced.
    Thank you.