Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: avent isis duo users

Default avent isis duo users

Am considering a new pump for new baby...have used the PIS in past and love it, so may purchase PISA, but have also read good reviews on avent iq duo. Wondering if anyone has ever had any problems with the iq duo and if anyone has ever had experience with both PISA/PIS and iq duo and had a preference.
    TIA.

Default Re: avent isis duo users

I have the Avent Isis IQ Duo. I thought it was great, especially when I was working - no complaints. It was comfortable and easy to use. I liked that you could custom the suck/speed setting. I have not used any other pumps so I have nothing to compare it to. It is a pricey one (though I bought it when it 1st came out a couple years ago - may have dropped in price). It also came with a manual pump which was useful when we were traveling or when I just needed a quick bottle at home. If you have specific questions feel free to PM me.

Jennifer
    Amazed and Proud mom of Luke (Lucas) - 4/5/2006; 9 lbs 12 oz , 22in
    Wife to best friend Carl - 11/4/2001

If I need to buy a new pump with my next baby this might be it! I love my Avent Isis manual so much that I would love to give this one a try. Maybe there are some online reviews for it??

Molly

Loving mama to JP (DS, 1/03 ~ nursed 6 mos), EL (DD1, 9/05 ~ nursed 4 yrs), EJ (DD2, 3/08 ~ nursed 3 yrs 9 mos), and
    JM (DD3, 6/12 ~ currently nursing), all born naturally
    Devoted wife to SAHD P, my hero
    A few of my favorite things that I've discovered on the forum: co-sleeping, baby-wearing, tandem nursing, baby-led solids, cloth diapering, APing, selective vaccination...the list goes on

I loved my Avent duo. It worked better for me than the Medela pump I used in the hospital which was Medela's top pump.

I have an isis uno, and I'm not crazy about it. I find that using it manually usually works better. On the plus side, it is incredibly easy to clean and set up which is nice. Maybe I just got a bum. It's supposed to "learn" your sucking pattern, but I don't think it really does. Maybe I have just reached the maximum pumping speed limit I've been looking into an Ameda Purely Yours though. I may purchase one this week.

I have the buyer's protection plan from Babies R Us on the Avent, if I am unsatisfied with the pump will they refund me? Or only if it isn't functioning properly? Sorry for the hijack!
    Proud Mama to Noah Michael and Baby Charlie