Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Smoking....

Default Re: Smoking....

Don't do it! You can get through it I know you can! I get those little voices sometimes and I smoked for a week in college 5 years ago, so I can't imagine the strength to get through it if you actually were a smoker, but like I tell my hubby, I want to live to meet my great grandchildren. I like the chocolate idea...but well, you know. Good luck!

I quit four years ago and still crave one every so often. It got really bad right after I had the baby. I encourage you to resist the urge, like the ppers said once it's ok to have just that one that makes it all the easier to just have one again, and again...

Sorry you are having a stressful time. I agree abut exercising,it really helps you to relieve stress in a healthy way.
    “We are not put on earth for ourselves, but are placed here for each other. If you are there always for others, then in time of need, someone will be there for you.”
    --Anonymous

Fight the urge, mama!! A friend of mine quit cold trukey when she found out she was pregnant, and did VERY well. It's been 7 months since her DS was born and she started giving in to the temptation every so often and is now back to her old ways. Her defense is that she is only smoking at work, away from the baby, and when she's at home she goes outside and leaves DS in his Pack 'N Play. It makes me sad for both of them. They were doing so well.

You can do it!!!
    Sarah- Mommy to Ally (4/16/06) , Katlyn (11/13/07) & Rebekah (10/21/09)
    All three, all natural!

It's round on the ends and high in the middle

I agree with the previous posters, and wasn't going to post but after some more thought I felt like I should share with you that from time to time, I smoke a ciggie or two. Because it does take 95 minutes for HALF of the nicotine to leave your body (so over 3 hours for it all to be eliminated) I wait until after my LO is asleep for the night and I know that I wont have to feed her for several hours.
    Just wanted to add this for you and give you a big . There are a lot of us that struggle with this addiction, so please know that you are not alone!

Jessica
    Fancy Momma to the Divine Miss M, 2/15/07 BF'ed for 17 months!
    Currently TTC Baby #2

Hello babies. Welcome to Earth. It's hot in the summer and cold in the winter. It's round and wet and crowded. At the outside, babies, you've got about a hundred years here. There's only one rule that I know of, babies - Damn it, you've got to be kind. - Kurt Vonnegut