Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: How big of a deal is it to miss a feeding....

Default How big of a deal is it to miss a feeding....

after a year? I only nurse 3 times a day....at about 4 pm at bedtime and first thing in the morning. I'm going to have to miss that 4 pm feeding for one day. Do you think I can just pick up the next day or will my supply be seriously affected? I probably could pump, but I prefer not to and the baby will have other stuff to eat. She loves food, juice, whatever. the 4 pm feeding is more of a way to say hi when I get home from work.

What do the rest of you do?

Default Re: How big of a deal is it to miss a feeding....

It shouldn't affect your supply at all, especially since its just for a day. Just expect to be very "full" by the bedtime feeding!

I agree, don't worry about it, especially if she doesn't eat that much at that feeding anyway.
    Annie
    Mama to Jeremy Daniel (12/10/2005)

I'm a late cloth convert...and you? :tumbsup

my lo only nurses a few times a day and her late afternoon nursing session does not occur every day. i hasn't seemed to alter my supply, she still seems satisfied when she does decide to nurse in the late afternoon.

After the year point your supply should be in zero jeopardy. Your body has been making milk for a year and has been gradually adjusting with your child this whole time. There are women who hang up the pump for good at the year point and also tales of women going away over night with no ill effect and being able to just pick up where they left off. I personally was a SAHM for the 1st 14months and we fed on demand, around the clock the whole time. I went back to work full time and never even had to pump for engorgement and can always nurse my son on demand. And he definitely nurses more on my off days....You shouldn't have anything to worry about from here on in!

Way too lazy for formula

Thanks for all the advice. It ended up not being a problem because I made it home.