Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: 10 month old.......

Default 10 month old.......

I have a 10 month old who I took to the doctor the other day to discover he had a sinus infection. While there, they did his weight and I noticed that he hasn't gained anything since 28th of August. He seems to eat well, not consistant with solids or table foods, mostly BM. In August he weighed 19 pounds, and yesterday was the same. Could there be something wrong with the fat in my BM? I hear him swallowing when he feeds, he has wet diapers and poops well. The doctor wasn't worried, said we would just recheck his weight at 1 year check up. But that didn't settle with me. Is this normal that they can go this long with no weight gain, and can height compensate for this?

Default Re: 10 month old.......

Totally normal at this age. Once they become mobile, they tend to even out weight-wise for a while. Your LO is just burning more calories now than before.

my baby actually fell two curves at his 9 month, the ped was not concerned, he is crawling and burning more calories.
    Amber, mama to

Henry 11~13~06
    Allergic to dairy, soy, egg, peanut, all tree nuts, wheat, barley, potato, chickpeas, pea

Georgia & Miles 7~7~10

Thanks, wasn't sure but am happy to hear the reassurance.