Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Is this part of the growth spurt?

Smile Is this part of the growth spurt?

Just a few days ago Friday of last week or so dd2 was nursing every hour for about 5 - 20 min. The routine lasted all weekend. Since Monday she seems to be nursing less and sleeping more during the day and the night now. At first I thought all the sleeping she did on Monday was because of the long sleepless weekend we had. The yesterday and today is here and she wakes just long enough to nurse (5 - 15min) and then falls back to sleep with her little cheek resting on my nipple. (I love this part) She will just snuggle up to the breast and sleep. If I move her to put my breast away she just snuggles up to my pouch left over from birth. Then I will move her again to her cradle and she will keep sleeping. (sleeping in her cradle is not normal for her) I even leave my bedroom door open and the kids are running around the loft and she sleeps through that noise. The only thing that wakes her is a bowel movement or it has been about two - three hrs and she wants to eat again.

Is this part of the growth spurt? Or should I bring this up to the ped tomorrow?

TIA
    Becky ~ 33 Dh ~ 37 (my little geek of geeks)
    Dd1 ~ Brittney 5yrs aka Bunny
    Ds ~ Xander 3yrs aka Xaxu
    Dd2 ~ Bailie 1yr aka Dede

Still going 14months later.

1yr goal and save $2200 average.

Default Re: Is this part of the growth spurt?

DS was always really sleepy for a couple of days after a growth spurt.

It's a part of the growth spurt, my DS slept just like your LO after a growth spurt.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulkieab View Post
    It's a part of the growth spurt, my DS slept just like your LO after a growth spurt.
    I was told that a lot of babies do most of there growing in their sleep. But, my DD did the same thing! Don't be alarmed, it's normal!

SAHM to Ali born on Memorial Day, May 28, 2007
    3 weeks early and weighed 6 pounds 6 ounces
    Ali weighs 17 pounds 10 ounces at 12.5 months old

Should I pump when she misses what was "normal" feeding time? I am starting to hurt. I know if I pump today I will be engorged tomorrow and I will be on the run from 2pm on and really do not want to be in pain....so long of the short no pumping today but what about tomorrow night if she is still doing the same pattern?
    Becky ~ 33 Dh ~ 37 (my little geek of geeks)
    Dd1 ~ Brittney 5yrs aka Bunny
    Ds ~ Xander 3yrs aka Xaxu
    Dd2 ~ Bailie 1yr aka Dede

Still going 14months later.

1yr goal and save $2200 average.

If you are starting to hurt, definitely pump (or hand express). You don't want to end up with a plugged duct. If you just pump enough to take the edge off, it won't increase your supply.