Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Smelly Farts

Default Re: Smelly Farts

Went to the ped today about DS' snuffles and I asked about his stinky butt. Totally normal said the dr. Glad to hear it but I guess I need a gas mask like Heather said.
    Andrea - mama to Laith 02.20.07 and Sommer 01.21.11
    'Either you repeat the same conventional doctrines everybody is saying, or else you say something true, and it will sound like it's from Neptune.' - Noam Chomsky

Jack'sMum is offline Shares Widely And Frequently

Quote Originally Posted by hlstevens View Post
    who knew I would get so excited to have my baby poo??
    But there's all that build up of suspense, when is he next going to go and then the excitement when he does go of how big it's going to be!

I actually keep accusing DS of being Mr Stinky, when really it's DH. Their farts smell the same! And DS is only on mummy milk at the moment (give me a couple more weeks and I'll report back on his solids farts!)

Originally Posted by AndreaUAE
    He really has swamp a--!

I thought my husband was the only one that used that term!

I thought my husband invented that term!

my dd is just on bm and elecare (elemental formula due to her severe allergies and food intolernces) and dh and I have had family memebers comment on her gas problem (she has been told she sounds and smells like a truck driver (no offense to any truck drivers out there), but she litterally can clear out a room, I gag sometimes from the smell of it. SHe is not backed up either (she has chronic diarrhea) so I think some babies just have bad gas problems.

Yeah, I guess DS inherited his father's sewer system GI tract. In the mornings when DS is farting away with a grin on his face (just after waking up), I have to ask who's the culprit - DH or DS. DH now answers, "IT WASN'T ME! It was him - and points to Laith accusingly - as if they're brothers blaming the mess in the kitchen on each other rather than son and father.

I think swamp a-- is pretty well-used these days because it adequately and neatly conveys the particular scent undertones that accompany certain wafts of air leaving little bums.
    Andrea - mama to Laith 02.20.07 and Sommer 01.21.11
    'Either you repeat the same conventional doctrines everybody is saying, or else you say something true, and it will sound like it's from Neptune.' - Noam Chomsky

Oh yeah, my guy's could clear a room! YUK!
    Last edited by mrtrey; October 2nd, 2007 at 03:27 PM.