Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Smelly Farts

Default Smelly Farts

Are LOs farts supposed to get much more smelly when they start eating solids? He really has swamp a--! I'm worried that maybe he isn't digesting something properly. He eats so little though. 1, maybe 2, times a day - 2-3 baby spoonfuls. And I'm following a strict list of things to introduce because I am allergic to everything.
    Andrea - mama to Laith 02.20.07 and Sommer 01.21.11
    'Either you repeat the same conventional doctrines everybody is saying, or else you say something true, and it will sound like it's from Neptune.' - Noam Chomsky

Default Re: Smelly Farts

maybe call the ped's office and talk to one of the nurses? That's what I always do. hope you find some help!

Quote Originally Posted by AndreaUAE View Post
    He really has swamp a--!

I thought my husband was the only one that used that term!

Kimberly Mommy to Landin and Avery

------------------------------------------

My ds has smelly gas sometimes. He eight months old and still not very interested in solids. Even though he's just on my milk he still has smelly gas. He soen't seem uncomfortable so I don't really worry about it. But like pp sad if it worries you call your ped. They should be able to tell you if it's normal over the phone.
    Rachel
    mom to Elijah 1/29/2007
    Pregnant with ds number 2 due sometime in November
    |Cleaning products that are green and safe for our babies.
    http://www.shaklee.net/jonandrachel

When we started Coop on solids, he was wretched, he would literally clear a room. but in the beginning, he was so constipated i kind of thought that since he was full of poop (that just wouldnt come out ) thats why it smelled bad. but im sure the change of diet/solids affected the smell too.
    now, wheres that gas masked smiley??

I'm Heather, SAHM to Cooper , born 1/2007
    and Bennett, our precious NICU grad born 8/2009
    and wife to Bill since 10/2003!
    We're young, but we know we can do it!
    Life with the Stevens-blog

I'm an Ergo Baby Carrier affiliate!

It's round on the ends and high in the middle

I have had to apologize to DH so many times recently, thinking it was him that dropped the bomb, when it was really the baby!

Jessica
    Fancy Momma to the Divine Miss M, 2/15/07 BF'ed for 17 months!
    Currently TTC Baby #2

Hello babies. Welcome to Earth. It's hot in the summer and cold in the winter. It's round and wet and crowded. At the outside, babies, you've got about a hundred years here. There's only one rule that I know of, babies - Damn it, you've got to be kind. - Kurt Vonnegut

You guys are hilarious! My dd#2 started up with some stinkers that more than once made me change a diaper unnecessarily. But, hers comes and goes and isn't particularly frequent - but it did start up with solid feedings and around the time I started fenugreek, hmmmmmm.

Amy

Smile Re: Smelly Farts

My LO definetly got stinky when he started solids! I have also noticed he seems to strain a lot more when he poos, even though he eats mostly fruit... has anyone else had that?

Quote Originally Posted by mamabear07 View Post
    My LO definetly got stinky when he started solids! I have also noticed he seems to strain a lot more when he poos, even though he eats mostly fruit... has anyone else had that?
    oh yes we definately dealt with that a lot. We're three months into solids and just now I feel like he is finally pooing a little more normal. I swear my poor son was straining to poo for a month straight. Now he is going a few times a week again...who knew I would get so excited to have my baby poo??

I'm Heather, SAHM to Cooper , born 1/2007
    and Bennett, our precious NICU grad born 8/2009
    and wife to Bill since 10/2003!
    We're young, but we know we can do it!
    Life with the Stevens-blog

I'm an Ergo Baby Carrier affiliate!

Same thing, my 10 mo dd never went so red in the face and grunting while going until the solids came along! And the gas smell really is phenomenal