Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Anyone in the process of switching bf to ff?

Default Re: Anyone in the process of switching bf to ff?

Oh, my. This sounds very much like my situation a few months ago! When my twins were born, I felt like I had no help and that I was falling apart!!

Quote Originally Posted by mom23cuties View Post
    I know I still have not excepted my life as a mom of three and still finding it hard to juggle.
    Yup. Sounds familiar. Some days I feel like, "hey, I was born to do this SAHM-thing!!" Other days, I wonder why I ever even got married and had kids; I could have such an easier life! Of course I would never give up my cute husband or my kids, though. Just "grass is greener", I guess.

Of course your finding this still hard to juggle. Your baby is still so tiny. Give it time.

Every woman and family is different, but I couldn't survive if I didn't get out of the house with the kids at least once a day.

If not for my dd1 bahaviors and I needing to get my stick out and get her back in line things would be easier.
    I KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN! My oldest was 2 yr. 3 mo. when the babies were born. I'm not sure if you have special issues, but things kind of fell apart with my daughter's behavior. Nothing serious, mind you, just no listening. How can you make a 2-yr-old listen when you can't get off the couch? Tending two newborns was easier than her!

Here's what helped me:
    1. I found a parenting method that really worked for us (Sophie and I). It made it fun to be around her again. (It's "Love and Logic", by the way.)

2. I tell myself, "I might be giving Sophie a few months of horrible parenting while I figure out these babies, but that won't ruin her. I'll go back to being an awesome parent soon!" It's okay to yell at your family sometimes. We're not perfect. But we remind our kids that our behavior is not okay and that we will try to do better. And you will.

Okay, one more thing: DON'T tell yourself (or let anyone else tell you) that you should have things figured out by now. My babies are 10 months old and I STILL lose it with them and with Sophie. What kind of parent does that - yells at their kids? A normal parent. (Note: A normal parent does not hit or abuse their kids, though ....)

IT WILL GET EASIER.

Whether you decide to continue nursing or switch/combo with formula, you'll make it through this. It may be the hardest time of your life!

However, if you ask dd1 she said I have to stop when her sister gets teeth. Dd1 is very worried about dd2 biting mommy's breasts.

That's so cute!

It does get easier. At 6 mo, my guy only nurses for 3 - 5 min. It might be evey 2 hours during the day, bu it's quick and easy.

10 MORE DAYS UNTIL my next goal. I can I have picked my bottle of wine and my restaurant for us as a family to go celebrate my 8wks. I even have my next goals set up for after 8wks.
    My thoughts are with you, whatever you decide to do. I just kept sticking to it, day by day, and all of a sudden during our 8-9th week of bf it all changed in my head. Maybe the hormones died down some, who knows, but all of a sudden I was so proud of myself for sticking to it and I knew I could do it longer. I remember that day vividly!! My DH was later so happy I didn't listen to him and quit. He can't wait for me to bf our #2 when he/she comes. He is wonderful!

Good luck!!!!!
    Our blessings from God!
    Kylee was born September, 2006 - 9 lbs. 12 1/2 oz, 21 inches long.
    Kiefer was born January, 2008 - 6 lbs. 14 oz, 19 1/2 inches long.
    He was diagnosed with a severe peanut allergy at 12 1/2 months old. Others later discovered.
    And I am even more blessed by being married to my best friend and the most honorable man I've ever known.

"The hand that rocks the cradle rules the world." - Abraham Lincoln

glad too hear you continuing!!!
    Married mama with 4 kiddos...2 girls (11 & 6) and 2 boys (21mo & 3mo)

Dh and I got to talk at dinner while the kids ran a muke in the family room and he is very very proud of me. He never met for me to quit unless I was at the point I was with dd1 when I tryied. He is so happy to see the savings and for that he is taking me (the family) out to celebrate my 8wk goal. Any restaurant of my choice .

He also told me he will be more than happy to come home and give me the car so long I bring him to work and pick him up. Then through out a few ideas of what I can do with the three kids.

OPPS time for HEROS BBL
    Becky ~ 33 Dh ~ 37 (my little geek of geeks)
    Dd1 ~ Brittney 5yrs aka Bunny
    Ds ~ Xander 3yrs aka Xaxu
    Dd2 ~ Bailie 1yr aka Dede

Still going 14months later.

1yr goal and save $2200 average.

Hi, I am glad you are continuing to nurse!! In regards to your dd being a little fussy etc after feedings if her weight is good, maybe its something with her, like acid reflux?? She could be a silent refluxer, and it would make her have gas and hiccups which go along with reflux, and also make her very fussy and up alot at night, as her laying down makes it worse! Just a thought that maybe you might discuss with your doctor. good luck to you!

At this piont I am hoping for an answer even thought from what I read bf is the best treatment. She is resting very comfortably on dh's lap...LOL

Thank you everyone I love this group. I love that my husband is so supportive. I told him I was sorry for the hell I put the family through with hormones and trying to get a handle on things. He said there was not hell for him and the kids forget my bad days. For that I am greatful.

So, I am going to pick Cracker Barrell for dinner or maybe Red Lobster. I way said a glass of wine would be great, but after bf for so long pumping and dumping for nonmedical reason (colds antibiotics...) is a waste to me.

Here is to one more day of feedings, learning her cues, and teaching her the paci if mommy's breast friend...LOL

I only have 1 baby so far, but I can relate to your feelings. I was so moody and frustrated my first couple months of bf-ing. I didn't yell at my baby, but I often yelled at my husband about the baby. I would break down in tears because breastfeeding was so hard and I was so tired. My dh, just like yours, would say to me "If you want, I can give him some formula." And every time I would vehemently cry, "No! I don't want to give him formula!" Even though something deep down inside me was sorely tempted...8 months later, no formula has ever touched this baby's lips, and I am so happy to be breasfeeding

You can do it, Mama!
    ~Sylvia~

Wife to Nick, m. May 2005

Mommy to Gabriel (b. January 2007, 8lbs. 15oz.), nursed 18 months.

Isaac (b. August 2009, 9lbs. 1oz- naturally), nursed 22 months, through PPD/PPA and emergency gallbladder surgery.

and Corban (b. March 2012, 11lbs. 6Oz.- naturally in the water), my NICU baby, still nursing strong at age 2!

Daughter of God

first off you rock for even taking such pains to consider your next move.
    don't underestimate the pure DRAMA of our lovely hormones post partum--mine were KICKING for at least a year after my first and i am still in the saddle 6 mos in with this one. nursing and keeping up with the supply thing is HARD HARD but i can tell you that looking back (tessa is 2 and change now) it feels like a BLINK and we went for a whole year! i agree with pps that noone can tell you what is right. but forgive yourself for having a spell and being human. your kids have already forgiven you you are human and sleep deprivation is NO JOKE. grayson (6 mos now) was up on the hour for about 4 weeks for NO GOOD REASON (really he probably had several great reasons but we couldn't find them in the handbook)and we were barely even putting words together we were so broken but now he sleeps and eats and coos and rolls and almost sits up and most nights i have trouble remembering how crazy it was.
    not to preach at all (i work and stopped being able to pump enough so lo gets half and half bottles at daycare which took ALL the pressure off) but if you are saving milk remember that your milk changes over time to meet lo's current needs, so baby needs it more now than later.
    good luck and please please be kind to yourself--there is nothing more important than mommy