Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Anyone in the process of switching bf to ff?

Default Re: Anyone in the process of switching bf to ff?

Quote Originally Posted by mom23cuties View Post
    wow almost six months later and still feeds like a newborn. man oh man i hope i get my rings in soon.
    Older babies may still feed frequently, but it's usually for much shorter periods of time. Many babies are able to take a full feed in 5 minutes or less.

So, I am going to pick Cracker Barrell for dinner or maybe Red Lobster. I way said a glass of wine would be great, but after bf for so long pumping and dumping for nonmedical reason (colds antibiotics...) is a waste to me.
    No need to pump and dump.
    http://www.lalecheleague.org/FAQ/alcohol.html

You are doing great !!!
    It is so hard for the first few months, but it does get easier. My ds was colicky, and around the same time. We called it "witching hour" when 5:00pm would approach. He had lots of gas, due to OALD and foremilk/hindmilk imbalance. It does pass, and his tummy did get stronger. At the time it seemed to last forever, but it really is gone in the blink of an eye. Like the pp said, they get more efficient at the breast. DS gets a full feeding in 5 minutes. So although he still nurses frequently, I am so use to it, I barely notice. We're here for you. Hang in there!!

Kathryn,
    Mama to my sweet blueberry eyed boy Joshua
    born on 11/2/2006

and my blueberry eyed baby Jonah Henry...my water birth baby!
    born on 6/15/09

MOBY WRAPS ROCK

I agree with all the moms out there who say that ff will not solve your problems in fact it could create some.

I ff my lo because it works well for me but we bf as well so we are benefiting both ways. There is absolutely nothing wrong with ff and you have no need to feel like a failure if you do so.

I give her 3-4oz after I nurse depending on how she responds. She doesn't just suck the bottle because its there she really is hungry. I am going to do some power pumping to boost supply but honestly that bottle I give twice a day is a sanity saver for me. When you have 4 babies under the age of 6yrs old and they are all crying at the same time it can make you cry too.
    Having three babies is alot and I thought it would break me but you will adjust..somewhat but it really won't get much better until they get older. You need to find ways to de-stress like what was mentioned. Get out and have some time alone. Your dh will be happier and will support your bf when he sees that you are less stressed and that can only happen when you make it happen. So whatever works for you. I have found that two times a day works well for me. But I also get formula from WIC so I pay nothing.and therefore have no worry about the money. either way I hope that you can be encouraged that no matter what path you choose you are a great mom and how you feed your baby won't change that.

Thank you everyone for your support and shoulders.

I know ff is not the end of the world I ff my first two kids. I just wanted to try. I did give her a bottle yesterday of ebm and let dh feed her while I was busy with the older two. Enforcing the house rules...they were so naughty yesterday. It was nice to being involved with the kids and not on the side. It was also nice to sit on the couch and nurse after a long day. Of course I was here most of the day and did no laundry, so I get to do it today....LOL

Yes, there is alot of Drama in this house. Dd1 and I are in endless fight for the title role of QUEEN...LOL

to ya'all and I hope I get a good report from the ped. on thursday.
    Becky ~ 33 Dh ~ 37 (my little geek of geeks)
    Dd1 ~ Brittney 5yrs aka Bunny
    Ds ~ Xander 3yrs aka Xaxu
    Dd2 ~ Bailie 1yr aka Dede

Still going 14months later.

1yr goal and save $2200 average.

wow almost six months later and still feeds like a newborn. man oh man i hope i get my rings in soon.
    My son is 8 months old and still nurses every 2 hours and that is in addition to him getting some solids as well. Solids makes no impact on his nursing and I am ok with that. He also nurses anywhere from 3-5 minutes to 30 minutes as well it just depends. Most nights he sleeps through the night unless we are traveling then he is up all the time and every night even when he sleeps through he wakes by 4 or 4:30 and nurses and goes back to sleep then is up again by 5:30 or 6ish. That starts the day. I agree with what everyone else said I don't think formula will make a difference, I think some babes are just more needy then others. My oldest hardly ever woke up and could go in and put stuff away in his room after he went to bed and it never phased him, I still can. My youngest a fly farts in Africa and he is awake. My oldest ate all day and slept all night, my youngest it just depends on his mood. Night before last he slept till 4:30am and woke to eat went back to sleep and slept till 8:30 last night he was up and down ALL night. My youngest doesn't like to be left alone, my oldest doesn't now but as a baby he could have cared less if I was doing laundry or dishes. So now I do all that with the baby playing on the floor beside me and the older one there too...lol. UNLESS the older one is "playing" with the baby in that case the baby doesn't mind me not being there cause he loves his bubby. Sorry this is so long I am tired and rambling!!

I understand what you mean about not expecting your life with 3 kids. I felt (and still feel) the same way sometimes. And now with #4 on the way I feel like that a lot and it makes me moody sometimes and I tend to take it out on my hubby. But it's just a temporary feeling (it is temporary right lol??) Good for you for sticking with it and doing what YOU feel is best. I hope you have a great celebration dinner!

Just remember to sit at a table and not a booth...it sucks to nurse in a booth
    Married mama with 4 kiddos...2 girls (11 & 6) and 2 boys (21mo & 3mo)

Question Re: Anyone in the process of switching bf to ff?

Quote Originally Posted by babygurl View Post
    Just remember to sit at a table and not a booth...it sucks to nurse in a booth
    I am so glad you said that because I am the idiot who would sit in a booth

Today she is gassier, power puked after she ate this afternoon, restless until she falls asleep on me. I am afraid to nurse her to day because she has been so uncomfortable.

Anywho, gatta run downstairs to get my coffee before she wakes the kids with her crying.

OH!!!! question. She is not nursing as well today should I pump to avoid blockages?
    Becky ~ 33 Dh ~ 37 (my little geek of geeks)
    Dd1 ~ Brittney 5yrs aka Bunny
    Ds ~ Xander 3yrs aka Xaxu
    Dd2 ~ Bailie 1yr aka Dede

Still going 14months later.

1yr goal and save $2200 average.