Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Worried and frustrated

Default Worried and frustrated

My DS, nearly 7 months old, has been screaming ALL day. He's been nursing almost continuously for the last three hours.

We spent the last two days at my sister's helping her with her wedding. During that time, he was passed around to a lot of people and I'm wondering if it's that he's just overwhelmed by that, or if something else is going on.

He's not sleeping hardly at all, he has a low-grade fever (99.7 last I checked), and the constant screaming and constant nursing. I'm torn between being worried and being frustrated. I can't even put him down long enough to go to the bathroom without him screaming his poor little head off. What on earth am I supposed to do? I've tried everything. I've held him in every position I can think of, nursed him nearly all evening, and NOTHING is helping.

I just wish I knew what was wrong with him so I could fix it. I hate seeing him this upset.

Default Re: Worried and frustrated

Watch the temp - I don't know where you are located, but I'm in TX. We just took dd#1 (2.5 yrs old) to ped for high fever and she was VERY CRANKY, but no other sickness symptoms - no diah, vomiting, cold, etc. Anyway, ped looked at her throat and it's sore - there's a virus going around here in Austin, TX - high fever (off and on) and sore throat - last 2-5 days. As it's viral, not much you can do but rest and get plenty of fluids and ped recommended ibuprophen for my toddler, but I'd use tylenol with a younger one. Lizzie is already feeling much better.

Amy

Curious about teething and what happen right before baby got anxious.

I was wondering if it could be teething too. Does he have any teeth yet? Contrary to what some doctors say, I think those teeth coming through do really hurt them, sometimes a lot!

Anne- Mom to two active boys: Henry 10/06 and Jamie 4/09

Looking for an LLL leader in your area? click:
    http://www.llli.org/webindex.html

confused about abbreviations? check this out:
    http://forums.llli.org/showthread.php?t=807

It sounds like you ARE fixing it. Whether the baby is trying to reconnect with you, dealing with teething pain, fighting sickness or going through a growth spurt, your ability to just nurse, nurse nurse it really the best thing you CAN do for your baby! And just wait, on a day in the not to near future you'll be here worried that your baby isn't eating enough because he's so busy trying to crawl,or roll play....:tumbsup :tumbsup

Way too lazy for formula

I am with the others about teething and I will say overwhelmed. I know my older two would be like that after a busy weekend or holidays and too many people.
    Becky ~ 33 Dh ~ 37 (my little geek of geeks)
    Dd1 ~ Brittney 5yrs aka Bunny
    Ds ~ Xander 3yrs aka Xaxu
    Dd2 ~ Bailie 1yr aka Dede

Still going 14months later.

1yr goal and save $2200 average.

I would say that if you are worried take him to the doctor. I guess that I would rather be safe than sorry, especially if you are worried. Chances are it won't be anything serious and at least then you won't be so worried. Trust your instincts!
    Mom to a beautiful little girl-born June 27th, 2006

ericsmom is offline Shares Widely And Frequently

My two year old was driving me crazy several months ago with all his crying- so I took him in thinking it must be something physical (because I just could not figure it out!) I take my guys to the doctor or at least call the nurses whenever something is weird. I'm always worried they'll think I'm crazy but I think pediatricians expect to get calls and appointments for all sorts of things. I think it is part of thier job to help calm parents nerves about thier children's health. So even if its nothing you'll probably feel better (and less frustrated) if you give your doc a call.

Have you tried taking him outside for a spell to see if that effects his behaviour. Drastically changing the scenery will help establish the severity of his pain - that is, is he's in serious pain, he wont stop crying outside where theres lots of interesitng things.. kwim? good luck, call his doc if you're owrried and keep us posted
    Click here to find an LLL leader near you...or call 1 877 4 LA LECHE for help now.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Emerson

Ban the bags. ......... Watch your language. ....... Help keep Dr Newman's clinic open!

We demand that our childcare providers are CPR certified... why don't we demand the same of ourselves! Get certified!

I lost 22 lbs in 8 months... with a bit of determination and common sense information from this book.