Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: How much food?

Default How much food?

I am feeding my 9.5mo 3-5 times a day (solids I mean), between 1oz - 2.5oz each feeding. So he's getting about 5-8 oz of solids a day. Is this a lot, too little? Just want to know how much your LOs are getting.. (in oz). Thanks.

Default Re: How much food?

Ari gets solids 3-4 times a day, I would say about 1-2 oz per feeding. I am sure you are doing fine; the thing I always remember is that LO's tummy is only as big as their fist, so they do not need mega-helpings.

Thanks Ari's Mom. If I remember correctly your Ari is a small one too, just like my Noah. Sometimes I wonder if Im feeding him too little.

Anyone else?

my dd is 8.5 months. She gets solids at 3 meals a day and snacks in between. She definitely goes through 2 jars of babyfood (breakfast and lunch) and her snacks and dinner are finger foods and/or whatever we have for dinner.

I have no idea how many ounces she gets. She nurses maybe 4-5 times a day on average.
    I don't think she is quite as small as Ari and Noah, maybe about 18 pounds (seems she is much smaller than some of the babies around here).

We took it easy on solids. I have no idea on ounces but she (at 10.5 months) gets cereal and a fruit for breakfast (started cereal at 6 months and added the fruit about a month later). She is now eating table food for lunch but before received a fruit and a veggie babyfood for lunch starting at about 7.5-8 months. Up until a month or so ago we did not offer dinner at home (only nursed ). Now she eats a little bit of what we are having. She now also gets an afternoon snack at daycare. But, she still also gets a lot of bm. BM is higher in fat and nutrition than any solid is if you are concerned about weight. Good Luck!
    Mom to Lainey (11-8-06)

Quote Originally Posted by Lainey's Mom View Post
    BM is higher in fat and nutrition than any solid is if you are concerned about weight. Good Luck!
    Yup Im always concerned about weight.. and even more since my little LO is not taking a lot of BM . Maybe solid is not what I need to improve on here then eh?