Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Advice..lol wont take...

MoMmY316 is offline Shares Widely And Frequently

Unhappy Advice..lol wont take...

i work as needed and when i leave her with my mil...she will not take a bottle at all the whole 8hrs...i have always given a bottle because i knew that there would be a time when i would go back to work and she needed a bottle...she started doing this last mo..just not wanting to take a bottle for my mil she will wait till i get home to nurse...im worried about her going so long with out shes eating but not drinking...any suggestions shes now 9mo. and i never in a million yrs thought id be nursing my baby she is my first out of all 3 that i made it..bf and i dont want to stop!!

thx in advance

Default Re: Advice..lol wont take...

sorry title lol was suppose to be lo

how many times do you nurse her when you are with her? WIll she take anything from a cup? Have you tried the BM in the cup?
    Click here to find an LLL leader near you...or call 1 877 4 LA LECHE for help now.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Emerson

Ban the bags. ......... Watch your language. ....... Help keep Dr Newman's clinic open!

We demand that our childcare providers are CPR certified... why don't we demand the same of ourselves! Get certified!

I lost 22 lbs in 8 months... with a bit of determination and common sense information from this book.

i usually nurse her 5-6 times a day...i tried a sippy cup and she gets to sucking and forgets how...but i was worried about her liking the cup and not wanting to nurse or vice versa...

Its frusterating and your not alone. My DD is 13 months and has decided she no longer likes the bottle either. I would try the sippy cup. You can get some with a soft nipple like top (its shaped like a sippy cup top but is silicone I think) some others are hard plastic. You might want to try the both and see which she likes better.
    Kim

Claire 08/27/06 7lbs 11 onces 21 in.
    Addison (Addi) 10/17/08 8lbs 11 ounces 21 in.

thanks kim...i went out and got avent sippy cup and she liked it so we will try that..i am just so blessed that she has given me this oppotunity(thats not spelled right cant think right now) to experience this bf journey with her..i have 2 other children and it didnt work with them so when aliyah took to i was so happy....

For learning to use a sippy I thought the Nuby cups were the best. The spout is very soft and flexible, plus they are cheap at WalMart/Target. Connor really got the hang of the sippy at about month 10.

So long as she's eating some solids while you are gone and her wets (total) are still looking good, nutritionally *I* don't think you have much to worry about.

ETA: How ya been? Haven't seen ya around as much.
    “Only with trust, faith, and support can the woman allow the birth experience to enlighten and empower her.” - Annie Kennedy & Penny Simkin

Quote Originally Posted by MoMmY316 View Post
    thanks kim...i went out and got avent sippy cup and she liked it so we will try that..i am just so blessed that she has given me this oppotunity(thats not spelled right cant think right now) to experience this bf journey with her..i have 2 other children and it didnt work with them so when aliyah took to i was so happy....
    Well Congrats to you and to your little one. I hope the sippy cup works. I agree with the previous poster If she is eating solids and having wet/dirty diapers and you nurse before and after work She should be okay. I know by that age my DD was down to about 4 feedings a day. So if you feed in morning, as soon as you get home, and before bed thats 3 which is good (not sure how many times she is feeding right now) And who knows she'll probably surprise you and take the sippy. Maybe if the work situation is new she is refusing the bottle because of the change in schedual and once she is use to it she'll take it again.

P.S. don't worry about spelling. As I'm sure you can tell from my post. Its not one of my strong suits
    Kim

Claire 08/27/06 7lbs 11 onces 21 in.
    Addison (Addi) 10/17/08 8lbs 11 ounces 21 in.

Quote Originally Posted by ChasingPrisms View Post
    For learning to use a sippy I thought the Nuby cups were the best. The spout is very soft and flexible, plus they are cheap at WalMart/Target. Connor really got the hang of the sippy at about month 10.

So long as she's eating some solids while you are gone and her wets (total) are still looking good, nutritionally *I* don't think you have much to worry about.

ETA: How ya been? Haven't seen ya around as much.
    ive been doing good how about ur self?i wasnt on for a little bit..and aliyah is taking alot of my time now...shes so cute..thx for the advice i dont know why i hadnt thought about nuby...ill get on of those to...

i have been trying the avent sippy and she sips and gets frustrated with it..so im not sure if its that sippy cup..but im going to try nuby...im staying home for a few days im just worried shes already small shes 9mo 26in and only weighs 18lbs..everyone is always saying "shes small" and im wondering how do i put weight on my baby is it my breastmilk thats not enough??? am i not doing something right? shes teething to so that makes it harder...so ill let u all know how it goes thanks for being here for me