Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Teething - how long?

Default Teething - how long?

My LO is 6 months old and has been waking up every 1-2 hours for the last 3.5 weeks. My MIL is sure that it is teething (I can feel them right under her gums) but I am starting to feel like that is a long time for her sleep to be affected if it was due to the teething - but I am a FTM and don't really know. How long does teething affect sleep?

Default Re: Teething - how long?

IME, it could be weeks at a time. Hang in there!

It can take 4-6weeks actually.....

Way too lazy for formula

Quote Originally Posted by DJ's Mom View Post
    It can take 4-6weeks actually.....
    Unfortunately, we are just finding this out. DD's teeth came in so easily and quickly. She started getting teeth at 9 months and had all her 1st year teeth by 12 months. She only showed any discomfort with the eye teeth (and later the 2nd set of molars). But poor Zachary! His little teeth come in one...at...a...time. And each one takes 2-4 weeks to pop through.
    Its miserable!
    Hope your LOs toothies break through soon and the both of you can get some rest!
    Katie
    Just one more fanatical cloth diaper convert...
    Mom to Morgan (01/10/04) and Zachary (07/12/06)
    What are M & Z up to now?

I felt like it was way too long for the first 4 teeth when my now 10 month dd started those at 6 mo, but each of the two sets did take about 3.5-4 weeks of identical sleep waking ....and lots of days with very little to no napping . She is now working on another set since early Sept. and I feel the lack to sleep too . Hang in there