Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: OS/ block feeding + pumping

Default OS/ block feeding + pumping

Have diagnosed myself with OS within the last week, based on similar threads and LLL articles. DD has had only 3bm in the last week, all were much greener than normal. Also, she has been way gassier and somewhat fussier. She grunts and strains to make a poop, and all we get is gas. She has been STTN more this week too. (7p- 2-4 a)

So, I have started today to block feed and pump in 4 hour blocks. I just want to see if I am doing it correctly. 2:30 am feed on right side, 5:30 on same side, leave other side alone (Ugh) 7:00 pump left side, 10:30 pump that side again, leave right alone. Then I will pump at 3:00 on my right side, and offer that same side to dd when we get home.

Does this make sense?

cmp12345 is offline Shares Widely And Frequently

Default Re: OS/ block feeding + pumping

If you're doing 4 hour blocks, that'll be:
    2:30-6:30 RIGHT
    6:30-10:30 LEFT
    10:30-2:30 RIGHT
    2:30-6:30 LEFT
    and so on, so you're pretty much doing this correctly. Instead of using the clock, what I always did was just fed LO on the same side twice before switching. Good luck!

Default Re: OS/ block feeding + pumping

Quote Originally Posted by cmp12345 View Post
    If you're doing 4 hour blocks, that'll be:
    2:30-6:30 RIGHT
    6:30-10:30 LEFT
    10:30-2:30 RIGHT
    2:30-6:30 LEFT
    and so on, so you're pretty much doing this correctly. Instead of using the clock, what I always did was just fed LO on the same side twice before switching. Good luck!
    Yep.

Another good rule of thumb, if you prefer not to watch the clock, is to pay attention to how your breasts feel. When one side feels soft and the other feels full, it's time to switch.

Hang in there,

Tiana