Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can't seem to let go...

Default Re: Can't seem to let go...

Thanks again for all the help & support, my friends.

I've bumped the thread to let you all know that it is over. She hasn't nursed in 4 days and my milk supply is no longer sufficient enough to even make my breasts uncomfortable. I feel sad about it, more than I expected to, and my hormones are going crazy - but DD has adjusted just fine, perhaps better than I have. Even DF said it'll take some getting used to knowing she doesn't get the "boob" anymore, and he's always been mostly indifferent about breastfeeding. I don't really know how to feel just yet. I've been crying a little but this feels natural. I used the "don't offer, don't refuse" method for the final feeding and she never asked.

Thanks so much for helping me succeed at breastfeeding my baby. This has undoubtedly been the most life-changing year I will ever have experienced.

Sounds as if your LO solved the "problem" on her own! to you for caring enough about her to put off your meds.
    I'm sure it's a bit sad when a LO weans, but you can look forward to taking care of yourself and driving again.

Congratulations on your successful BF journey!
    Kat

SAHM mom to Richard, born 6/6/07 at 8 pounds, now 27!

Wife to Michael for 13 years

Way to go! You have been an inspiration to all of us by hanging in there and also by sharing concerns that maybe others have been afraid to voice!

Congratulations on a successful endeavour!

Thank you SO much!

Aw. Sounds like a very good ending. (Well MAYBE she'll nurse a couple more times.) It's been a pleasure reading about your breastfeeding journey. Once I started skipping days I was a bit shaky for a while. It sure does help with all that knowing that you didn't exactly rip it from her or anything. That she's ready for this. It is also a nice idea for you to celebrate being done in some way. A nice dinner with just your dh or a night out with the girls or even something really special with dd.

Its as if since she was tiny, somewhere inside you, you knew she'd be ready right about now. This is pretty much how you planned for it to go! I hope your plans for her college go the same way!!

Quote Originally Posted by awnja View Post
    Its as if since she was tiny, somewhere inside you, you knew she'd be ready right about now. This is pretty much how you planned for it to go! I hope your plans for her college go the same way!!
    I am so touched that the ladies here on this forum have read and remembered my personal statements throughout the months. I have never felt such unity as I have with other breastfeeding moms... online! Thank you so much!

Hey Sasha. Just wanted to let you know that we have recently finished as well. Our situation was very similar. She was only nursing 1-2 times a day and wasn't really asking. I just continued to offer before nap because I assumed she would still be pretty attached after going from so many feedings to so few so drastically. But after a couple of busy days where she didn't really nurse at all, I decided that it was time to be done. Unlike some of the pp's, I was ready to be done. For several weeks now I have been having horrible mood swings that I felt were related to hormones and cutting back. I just decided, and then went and had a whole lot of milk products so that I would not want to give in. But it all went really smoothly. And after about a week, I really am feeling so much better. Great actually. No more mood swings. And AK is doing fine too. She is happy and as always, growing up way too fast. I am not really sad. Much like all the other big milestones, I expected to be sad but am not. It is way too much fun seeing her grow and be proud of her accomplishments, and I enjoy her way to much (more every day) to long for the days when she was smaller and more my baby. BUT with this being said, it doesn't mean I am not getting ansy for another little baby myself!

Ok, sorry to hog. I was just wanting to share our story a bit too and let you know that you are not alone.

Misty
    Loving my two sweet girls Audrey (7/18/06) and Annie (6/18/09) Baby #3 due to appear 8/5/10

Feel free to ask me about my successful HBAC , food allergies, cloth diapers, and the joy of having a high-needs, non-sleeping little dear who has grown into a wonderful preschooler.

Blogging here.

Quote Originally Posted by awnja View Post
    Aw. Sounds like a very good ending. (Well MAYBE she'll nurse a couple more times.) It's been a pleasure reading about your breastfeeding journey.
    It is also a nice idea for you to celebrate being done in some way. A nice dinner with just your dh or a night out with the girls or even something really special with dd.
    Celebrating seems like a good idea when you feel up to it.
    Gah! Everything makes me cry these days. I hope you are feeling better soon. I can only imagine what it will feel like for me.

Molly

Loving mama to JP (DS, 1/03 ~ nursed 6 mos), EL (DD1, 9/05 ~ nursed 4 yrs), EJ (DD2, 3/08 ~ nursed 3 yrs 9 mos), and
    JM (DD3, 6/12 ~ currently nursing), all born naturally
    Devoted wife to SAHD P, my hero
    A few of my favorite things that I've discovered on the forum: co-sleeping, baby-wearing, tandem nursing, baby-led solids, cloth diapering, APing, selective vaccination...the list goes on

Misty! I've been wondering where you were! You aren't hogging, jeez, I'm so glad you shared your story. I was the opposite I did not think I'd be sad but I am a little. Strangely enough, she seems to go to bed faster than before, ha, and is such a little lady, growing so fast. I actually caught her wearing (well dragging) my shoe on her foot today! The time was right to be done.

Molly, I will totally celebrate. DF bought my favorite drink today, cider! Thanks a million gals

I've been absent from this board for a LONG time (well over a month at least) - I just wanted to say (((HUGS))) to you. You did a fantastic job!!

Ashelyn is self weaning I think (I am about to go post about that). I too am having a very hard time letting go - not just for the nutritional purposes, but also the bonding. But, with all the biting & super short nursing sessions, I know she's trying to tell me something...UGH - it's tough, huh?