Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wanting to make my own baby food.

Default Re: Wanting to make my own baby food.

Thank you even before i thought about my LO i have always wanted to make my own baby food. So thank you again.

It's round on the ends and high in the middle

I make all my LO's food, with the exception of the organic oatmeal that she gets periodically. I but fresh stuff, wash it good, boil it or bake it, put it through a hand cranked food mill once, and then through the food processer for good measure. It comes out and pureed, trust me! The only thing I really dont do that with is bananas b/c they're already pretty mushy. I freeze stuff in ice cube trays in huge batches and have plently throughout the week. HTH!

Jessica
    Fancy Momma to the Divine Miss M, 2/15/07 BF'ed for 17 months!
    Currently TTC Baby #2

Hello babies. Welcome to Earth. It's hot in the summer and cold in the winter. It's round and wet and crowded. At the outside, babies, you've got about a hundred years here. There's only one rule that I know of, babies - Damn it, you've got to be kind. - Kurt Vonnegut

I would recommend the book Super Baby Food by Ruth Yaron. This book has some great info on making baby food and on into making healthy toddler foods.

I made a ton of ice cube trays of pureed green beans and carrots, but my daughter (almost 9 months) won't eat anything I put in her mouth...other than my boob of course. I recently gave her a bit of smashed avacado and she seemed to like it.

Good for you for making your baby's food. No need to buy commercially made stuff. Good Luck!

For some of the "denser" veggies (sweet potato, winter squash, carrots, green beans, etc) , after I run then through a food processor, I spoon them out on a cookie sheet and put that in the freezer. Once the lumps are frozen I put them in a plastic bag or some tupperware in the freezer.

Since it's fall and squash is abundant, I do the following with acorn or buttercup squash: 1) Fill a crock pot with 2 in of water. 2) Stick the whole squash in the CP on high for 4 hrs. 3) Once it's done, open up the squash, remove the seeds and scoop out the cooked insides.

Super Baby Food Diet is a GREAT book.