Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Silly question.....

Default Silly question.....

Can you pump/breastfeed only on one breast? My right breast is giving me loads of problems and I dont want to give up now because of it. Silly question I know but just wondering.

cmp12345 is offline Shares Widely And Frequently

Default Re: Silly question.....

Yes, you can bf with only one breast. but, if you do your right breast will no longer produce milk. May I ask what types of problems you're having on your Right breast? Maybe we can help? I think most of us have a "messed up" boob.

ABSOLUTELY yes!!

I am a first time breastfeeder and wondering that aswell when I first started. One thing you might want to do is try pumping on your right side when your baby nurses on the left side at the same time. I did this b/c they say its good for increaseing stimulation and it might help you work on a freezer stash.

Are you having any problems with low supply?

I answered over in pumping.

Regardless of the problem in your right breast, you might want to pump on that side so that you don't become noticeably lopsided! And who know? Maybe things'll clear up and you'll be glad you still have milk in that breast. Either way, it may be helpful to have this extra milk in the fridge for bottle feedings or mixing cereal in a few months. Good luck!