Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: am I the only one not feeding "meals?"

Default am I the only one not feeding "meals?"

Abigail eats solids every day, but in minute quantities most of the time. She gets bored after a half dozen bites of whatever (she eats almost everything we offer) and wanders off to play while DH and I eat. And when I say bites, I don't mean full bites. More like a tiny taste (less than 1/4 tsp).
    Rachel

Mama to my precious girls, Abigail and Naomi

"When we consider that women are treated as property, it is degrading to women that we should treat our children as property to be disposed of as we see fit." - Elizabeth Cady Stanton in a letter to Julia Ward Howe, October 16, 1873. Recorded in Howe's diary at Harvard University Library.

Default Re: am I the only one not feeding "meals?"

Sounds about right. "Meal" is a pretty loose term around here, too. Z usually spends about 5 minutes actually in his chair eating at mealtime. Then he's ready to do something else. He didn't really start eating in any regular measurable quantity until he turned 1.

OT: Your LO & I share a birthday. Yay for scorpios!
    Katie
    Just one more fanatical cloth diaper convert...
    Mom to Morgan (01/10/04) and Zachary (07/12/06)
    What are M & Z up to now?

YOu both share it with my cousin, too. How funny!
    Rachel

Mama to my precious girls, Abigail and Naomi

"When we consider that women are treated as property, it is degrading to women that we should treat our children as property to be disposed of as we see fit." - Elizabeth Cady Stanton in a letter to Julia Ward Howe, October 16, 1873. Recorded in Howe's diary at Harvard University Library.

my lo doesn't really eat "meals" either. she will usually eat while we eat but only tiny amounts and there is no forcing her to take more. when she's done she shakes her little head no and starts throwing it on the floor one piece at a time and spitting out anything you try to put in her mouth. she's happy, she's healthy, and she's getting chunky so i don't worry about it.

Connor eats MEALS. He likes to eat! I would say he easily eats as much as a 2 or 3 yo. He's 13 mo.
    “Only with trust, faith, and support can the woman allow the birth experience to enlighten and empower her.” - Annie Kennedy & Penny Simkin

I thought I was the only one I would say DS more snacks. Some days I forget to give him any solids all together. I'll notice he's hungry and be about half way done nursing before I remember I should feed him some of the purees I've made. It's a little better now that he will chew chunkier things so if I'm eating fruit or veggies he'll just take tiny bites or snack on some o's

Amy married to my bestfriend since 10/30/04

Proud SAHM to DS born 2/17/07 and DD born 9/11/08 Both weaned together 11/2011
    Currently milk, peach, peanut and tree nut free. DD has outgrown her wheat, cheese, egg, garlic, and citrus allergies