Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: how soon?

Default Re: how soon?

AAP recommends exclusive BF until 6 months. So no need to rush.

Don't know why peds recommend solids at 4 mos considering their academy is the one who says 6 mos.
    Dana
    Wife to Jonathan Edward, 3/29/2002
    Mother of Alexander "Lex" Edward, 3/4/2007
    Attachment Parenting - it's not what you do, it's why you do it.
    Breastfeeding
    Co-Sleeping
    Wearing Lex as often as possible
    Daytime cloth diaperer, nighttime sposie user

Our pedia also recommended that DS starts eating cereal once a day, preferably at night, so that he sleeps longer (he wakes up every 3 hours). I also don't think my son is ready for solids because he doesn't want anything inside his mouth but his fingers, my nipples and bottle-nipples (which is still an issue up to now). I am going to wait a week or two and see how he reacts when we're eating. He seemed interested with our food or whenever we eat but i want him to be really ready before i start feeding him. Oh and I don't think the reason why he couldn't sleep longer is because he is not getting full. Last night he had 3 oz of BM in a bottle, nursed and probably took 3 - 4 oz more, but still woke up after 3 hrs. Every baby is different and I am willing to adjust to my baby's needs.

Gabe and Jacob's Nanay

Gabe born on September 07, 2004

Jacob born on May 29, 2007

Do you know why your ped asked you to start feeding your DS solid? Just seems strange that he suggested this. Anyway as PP said, AAP recommends to wait till 6 mths.. more here: http://www.kellymom.com/nutrition/so...ay-solids.html