Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: A poopy question

Default A poopy question

Well DS woke me up at 5 am to poop at 5:45 am, . Buuuut he was grunting when he was doing it cause I was holding him, and he had abit of a solid poop. It was still soft when I touched it with a wipe, but it was formed. The rest of the poop was normal if not abit water I think, I don't remember I was so tired haha. But is this a form of constipation? Or would it have to be a reallly hard poop not soft at all?
    I'll see what the rest of it looks like today cause with the amount he just pooped there should be more coming, just hope it doesn't happen at the first Mommy and Me group I'm going to today.

Default Re: A poopy question

Is Hunter EBF, or did you start solids yet? If he is EBF and the poop was a bit firm, I wouldn't worry about it. Once ds started solids his poops firmed up a bit too. Some foods caused constipation, like if I give him too much banana. But by constipation, I mean unable to poop for a few days, and straining while pooping, and yes, really hard poop. So IMO, in your situation, I wouldn't worry at all.

Kathryn,
    Mama to my sweet blueberry eyed boy Joshua
    born on 11/2/2006

and my blueberry eyed baby Jonah Henry...my water birth baby!
    born on 6/15/09

MOBY WRAPS ROCK

Default Re: A poopy question

Okay dokey thanks! Yeah he's EBF till 6 months at least. I figured there was nothing wrong, but I haven't seen poop like that come out of his butt yet, so I thought better be safe then sorry.