Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Absence in mid of Elimination Diet

Default Absence in mid of Elimination Diet

I am one week into trying the Dr Sears Elimination diet and already have seen a big improvement in my ds's gassiness and gerd. The bad news is I will be away from ds for 24 hrs this wkd and almost all the milk I've pumped for gramma to give him was pre-diet. I finally regulated my oversupply too, so there's no way I can pump that much by Fri.

I am wondering whether I should use this milk or whether it would be better to give him a hypoallergenic formula for 24 hrs? I am not sure what all to consider, but hate to have him suffer w/ milk I know he reacts to.

He is 10 weeks, switches between bottle and breast fine, had a few formula feedings his first few weeks and went back to breast fine.

Thanks!

Default Re: Absence in mid of Elimination Diet

I would use the breastmilk but it is up to you... the formula might bother his tummy even more than you milk might you never know..

How did he do on formula in the beginning? That's hard since you know he may be uncomfortable while you are away if you use the ebm that you have stored, but don't want to use formula either.

Go ahead and try the predigested formula. It's a lot more expensive but may keep him comfortable enough till you get back.