Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Bladder Infection - AZO

Default Bladder Infection - AZO

Anyone have any input or experience with this? (phenazopyridine - AZO) This is what M&MM says. It's an L3 and apparently hasn't any controlled studies.

What is the code Tmax on that Dr Hale page? is that the max it is in your system???

FTR DS is 15.5 months old and nusres about 2-3 times a night. If I took it it would be about 8-9pm and he usually wakes up around 12-1 am.

Thoughts?

TIA
    Click here to find an LLL leader near you...or call 1 877 4 LA LECHE for help now.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Emerson

Ban the bags. ......... Watch your language. ....... Help keep Dr Newman's clinic open!

We demand that our childcare providers are CPR certified... why don't we demand the same of ourselves! Get certified!

I lost 22 lbs in 8 months... with a bit of determination and common sense information from this book.

Default Re: Bladder Infection - AZO

Afterthought - If your child has had a UTI what did they prescribe them?
    Click here to find an LLL leader near you...or call 1 877 4 LA LECHE for help now.

Eleanor Roosevelt

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Emerson

Ban the bags. ......... Watch your language. ....... Help keep Dr Newman's clinic open!

We demand that our childcare providers are CPR certified... why don't we demand the same of ourselves! Get certified!

I lost 22 lbs in 8 months... with a bit of determination and common sense information from this book.

What's the brand name? Is that the pill that turns your pee orange?
    Mother - Wife - Artist - Cook - Writer - EnvironMENTAList - Cloth Diaperer (but we are soooo done with diapers) - Organic Health Nut...I'm sure there's more.

DD1 - 12/15/05 Breastfed for 16.5 months
    DD2 - 8/6/07 Breastfed for 3 whole years and 3 little, extra days.

I've used it. I have UTI's quite frequently. I was told that it was 100% safe for the baby but it *MIGHT* turn his pee orange too- which it didn't.

pm me, I am the uti queen.

I've taken it an it works, did turn my pee orange. Are you taking medication too? The Azo will help with the pain, but you need to take medicine with it too or else it may get worse without you knowing it. If that makes sense, lol. Haven't taken it since being pg or bfing.
    “Only with trust, faith, and support can the woman allow the birth experience to enlighten and empower her.” - Annie Kennedy & Penny Simkin

Well thanks for the replies gals. I knew i'd work because I have taken it before... but not while nursing. I went ahead and took some last night.. worked okay- not great but I woke up this a.m. to feeling fine. Then, don't you know it, at around 430 It creeps back... well I try to get an appt and I call the doc and say what I need and why I need it and she says, okay, umm.. how about October 8th. huh!?!?!? did you freaking hear what I have lady??? no that will not work for me. Guess I'll go to the urgent care... but I ended up getting an afternoon appt. BUT dh reminded me I shoula just called my ob. duh!!!!!!!!!!! I am hoping to call him tomorrow and not have to go in just get a rx called in for me. I know I need one because theres blood this time.

oh well.
    Thanks!!!

Eleanor Roosevelt

Emerson

Quote Originally Posted by ChasingPrisms View Post
    I've taken it an it works, did turn my pee orange. Are you taking medication too? The Azo will help with the pain, but you need to take medicine with it too or else it may get worse without you knowing it. If that makes sense, lol. Haven't taken it since being pg or bfing.
    Phenazopyridine is a pain killer for the bladder but unfortunately you will still need antibiotics. I am on them right now for a bladder infection as well. fun
    Good luck!

Jenn
    Mom to - DD1 10/5/05, DS 6/27/07 & DD2 6/18/09