Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: gluten intolerance?

Default gluten intolerance?

Does anyone here have a baby with gluten intolerance? How did you find out about it? What have you done?

I ask because my lo seems to be having a problem with baby cereals (I've mentioned this in other threads before). Whenever he has even a little bit of cereal, he has a massive blowout. I haven't tested whether this happens more with rice vs. barley vs. oats. Then yesterday, I gave him one of those biter biscuits for the first time, and today he had another blowout (I ddin't give him any cereal yesterday-- just the biscuit). When he eats strctly fruits and veggies, he doesn't seem to have a problem.

Should I call his ped.?
    ~Sylvia~

Wife to Nick, m. May 2005

Mommy to Gabriel (b. January 2007, 8lbs. 15oz.), nursed 18 months.

Isaac (b. August 2009, 9lbs. 1oz- naturally), nursed 22 months, through PPD/PPA and emergency gallbladder surgery.

and Corban (b. March 2012, 11lbs. 6Oz.- naturally in the water), my NICU baby, still nursing strong at age 2!

Daughter of God

Smile Re: gluten intolerance?

There shouldn't be any gluten in rice, if I remember correctly. I would give rice only for a few days, and see if problem continues, if not give another cereal and see if it occurs.
    good luck!

Default Re: gluten intolerance?

my did has gluten allergy. we found out when she was under a month old due to problems with my diet. becareful with rice ceral b/c although rice is gluten free many baby cereals add soy and gluten to rice cereal so it could be do to a food intolernce or just happens at the same time your lo eats cereal.