Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I need some help, about to supplement..

Default Re: I need some help, about to supplement..

I feel like I wasted $149 now. So far I have added 2 pump sessions at home and seems ok.I have a faucet boob rihgt now, using it to my advantage. Are you renting a hospital grade pump and caring it back n forth? Isn't it heavy?
    Married mama with 4 kiddos...2 girls (11 & 6) and 2 boys (21mo & 3mo)

Yes the hospital pump is heavy and we just traveled w/ it on a plane! I'm not taking it to work though it's just set up on the table at home for me to use and increase my supply. If I was working I would probably get the medela PIS or something along those lines.
    Lisa

Mommy to
    Logan 5-23-07
    Colby 12-14-09

I am not sure if I am going to be able to get a double pump anytime soon, so I have to do other things. I have pumped 3 times since I have been home from work. That has given me one bottle than what he needs. I will get the last bottled filled from my morning pump session.

I don't know why but everytime I have a supply issue I am spotting or bleeding. I thought these weren't related...

I have been using Fenugreek since I started back to work. It was practically an instant difference for me. Also, I would definetly look into the pump. Ive seen some great deals on some used ones. Sometimes its so frustrating. I guess when you try so hard to make BF and Pumping work it feels like formula is poison and that your a failure - just remember how well you are doing to come this far!!! the less you feel bad the better off you are. hang in there!!!

Well its a new day. I am going to try pumping longer at work to see what happens. I was just starting to get enough to start freezing 1-2 oz/day. Now I can't do that. Why does my lo eat so much? I here mom's say that there 8 and 9 mo olds are still eating 4-5 oz. He's 10 w and wants 5 oz now...

Shorter, more frequent pumping sessions are usually more effective than longer ones.

If you can't double pump, maybe you could hand express on the side you aren't pumping on. Some moms are able to do that. When you consider the long-term cost of regular formula supplementation, the cost of a double pump is really quite small.

Hang in there, mama,

Tiana

This is just getting super fustrating! I KNOW now I need a double, but financial it just isn't happen...not right now I should say. I was wondering if there are any moms who went using a single pump. Vanne recommended that I
    would probably have better results if you pump 3.5 min on each side and pump each side twice
    so I will try that today. And continue to pump on my days off, so far so good...no formula yet. Also going to get larger flange and fenugreek today.

Hi Momma!

Keep on going. That is what everyone here keeps telling me and it's been helping. I found it easier to pump more frequently for less amount of time. It stimulated my breast more to produce more. And I have been through so many dips in my supply. Working on it again...

I wish you the best. Fenugreek is great as well.

Best wishes!

I just wanted to say that I personally think it is a lot cheaper in the long run to buy a pump than to buy formula! Good luck and sending you happy thoughts.
    Mom to Lainey (11-8-06)

Well I had to supplement today...I had a rough/busy day yesterday...plus DH forgot to but about 7oz in fridge....aww man...but we still would have had to supplement.... but I am NOT telling my family...they will be on my case about switching him to formula...